Monday, October 11, 2010

Madly in Love on Monday

Madly in Love on Monday was a weekly meme hosted by The Delusional Diaries. They haven't hosted it the past two weeks. I have no idea if they plan to host it today either. My guess is no since they don't have a post about it yet. However, I LOVED the idea so I decided to do it regardless.

According to their site, Madly in love on Monday "shines the spotlight on that rare book gem you have found and fallen so madly in love with that you want to tell everyone about it so they can read it too".

Today I've chosen Karen Marie Moning's "Darkfever". This is not a romance novel, although it is written by a romance author and she has promised there is a romantic finish to the series (the final installment is set to be released in January).  This is the first in a five book series - more like a epic trilogy in five parts than a series in reality.

I'm not sure what to classify them as except maybe dark fantasy. I picked up this book on a whim last year. Before I knew it I had bought all four available books and finished them within a week, I was captured so completely. I almost passed it up at first because it's written in first person, a style I'm not usually a fan of. The only thing I can say is, there's an exception to every rule and it totally worked here.

If you're in the mood for something different, something spooky and fantastical, I highly recommend the 'fever' series. It's also the perfect Halloween-y book to read during October.

Now it's your turn. What's one book you've fallen 'Madly in Love' with?

4 comments:

  1. I adore the Fever series! Karen Marie Moning is one of my favorite authors. Excellent choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. does twilight still count? I have not gotten over it yet. I drove without a license to buy eclipse because I finished new moon and just had to read the next book

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly - I'm anxiously awaiting the next book and plan to re-read the first four before January.

    Joanna- of course it counts! I personally could never get into the Twilight books but I know plenty of people who swear by them. I have one friend who calls them her "crack books".

    ReplyDelete
  4. How ever can you stand reading a book where the romance comes last? It's killing me enough reading Michelle Sagara's Chronicles of Elantra series where I've come to think the romance is more in my head than on the pages. Oh yeah, Sagara's got me on a one way flight into madness.

    The only book I've tried of Moning's was the audio version of Highlander's Touch. It was pretty good. What I finished of it that is.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting.I'm not waiting for Gray Court #2 either though I did enjoy book one. The Heart's Desire series on the other hand... I am all over it!

    ReplyDelete