Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sing-Along Sunday

Happy Sunday everyone!

Sing-Along Sunday is a new event. It highlights those songs that make me want to break out karaoke style whenever I hear them, much to the consternation of everyone around me. The songs I just can't help smiling at whenever they're played. I'm not sure quite yet whether this is a one time, or a weekly thing. The fact is I had way too many songs I wanted to feature for just one post, so i just chose three. And yes, I realize I have some very eclectic taste in music.

1. "The Shoop Shoop Song" otherwise known "It's in His Kiss" sung by Betty Everett. True to it's name whenever I hear this song I want to break out in shoop shoop's, complete with the swinging '60s back-up girl moves.

2. "If I Had a Million Dollars" by Barenaked Ladies. Although we've all imagined what we'd do with a million dollars, few of us can claim to be as creative as the Barenaked Ladies. I know when I think of what I'd do, "All the fanciest Dijon Ketchups" doesn't really cross my mind. I think of all the boring stuff, buying a house, investing, getting out of debt. But this song makes us imagine all the silly things possible with that kind of money.

Now before I get into my third choice, let me explain. It's not the dirty undertones (or maybe overtones) to this song that caused me to put it on this list or makes it one of my favorites. Plain and simple, this is just a fun song.

3."I Touch Myself" by The Divinyls has such a fun upbeat tune and some clever lyrics it has the ability to make me smile even when I'm in the blackest of moods. And it's because of this magical ability to break through the moodiest of clouds and bring a little sunshine into my life that I put it on the list.

As mentioned, this is just a taste. Next week, maybe, I'll have three more songs. But until then it's your turn. What song(s) make you smile? Which ones make you sing-along?

8 comments:

  1. ha ha for starters I would say YMCA, but I would really stop and dance to pretty much anything. I have been known to dance at walmart with my friends backtracking in horror.
    I think am still an introvert I have just lost all sense of embarrasment. my son loves the bubbles on ur page I did not have the heart to tell him they are not bubbles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhm... they're not bubbles? ;)

    I love your song choices, Sondrae - one of mine is Old Time Rock 'n' Roll. Stop and dance. Sing out loud. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always thought of them as flickering candlelight but I suppose they could be bubbles.

    Old Time Rock 'n' Roll is a good one and one I didn't think about but certainly makes my list as well. But only the Bob Seger version.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paparazzi!!! I cannot help myself from singing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, so, so many songs. I'd say it'd be easier to list which ones I wouldn't sing along to, but that'd be a baldfaced lie.
    Singing along has to be one of my favorite things to do when awesome music comes along, especially when whoever I'm with also knows the song and starts singing along. Its a wonderful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love "If I Had A Million Dollars" by BNL! I'll sing along to that one anytime, anywhere. Right now the one song I can't stop singing is "You Always Make Me Smile" by Kyle Andrews. I think it was used in a commercial recently, but oh well, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah - That is a catchy song.

    A Slade - Thanks for stopping by!

    Patrick - you sound like a man who loves karaoke.

    Jennifer - I don't know that song but sounds fun. And how appropriate if the song DOES always make you smile. I'll have to listen to it.

    ReplyDelete