I feel like I should be writing a book report about what I did this summer since I've been MIA for the past few weeks. The truth is far less exciting than it sounds though. Truth is, even though summer is usually a good time for me to catch up on reading, I didn't even do a whole lot of that this year. I did spend a fun week with my friend at her summer cottage off of Lake Michigan, which was a lot of fun. And I moved across the country. Literally. I am now residing in Sunny California! It's beautiful here, but definitely an adjustment. I still feel like I'm on vacation, not that I'm in my new home.
But all in all, things are good! Chasing Paradise was released last month, and I've been hard at work preparing The Wolf Within for its November release date. I also completed Book Four in the series, Worth Fighting For. No release date for that yet. Next on my writing plate is the first book in a new series. Don't worry, I'm not through with the Alpine Woods Shifters yet, just throwing something new into the mix. :)
As for the books I've read this summer...
June:
Her Commander (The Orion #2) by Cathryn Cade. 6/10. Not as charming as the first book, but still an enjoyable read.
Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (IAD #3) by Kresley Cole. 10/10. I didn't think Ms. Cole could top No Rest for the Wicked, but she just might have here. I say might because I don't know that I could choose. Both are great books. If you haven't read this series and like Paranormal Romance, I highly recommend it.
Dark Needs at Night's Edge (IAD #4) by Kresley Cole. 8.5/10. Not as good as the last two but still a solid addition to the series. Another great read.
July:
Never a Princess, Always a Frog by L.K. Below. 8/10. Very nicely done short story. There were a few points that were breezed over, but overall, a great read.
Hidden Star by Nora Roberts (reread) 10/10. Just as good as I remembered. Loved this story and the characters.
Dark Desires after Dusk (IAD #5) by Kresley Cole. 8/10. I really struggled with this one. It was good, don't get me wrong, but probably my least favorite in the series so far.
Captive Star By Nora Roberts (reread) 6/10. I remember this was my least favorite when I first read these books years and years ago, and the same was true here. Had a hard time relating to the characters.
Anchor by Jorrie Spencer 7/10. I really liked the uniqueness of the story, and the main characters. The story really captured me and drew me in. The only reason this didn't receive a higher rating, was that there really wasn't any romance in this romance book. They kind of tacked it on at the end, but it didn't feel natural or complete.
August: (as you can see I went through a superhero romance phase)
Doms of Dark Haven 2 (Western Nights). 7/10. HOWEVER: Two of the stories in here I loved loved loved. The only reason this didn't get full marks from me was because one story I hated. I couldn't even finish it. I bought the book specifically for the Cherise Sinclair story and although I wish it had been longer, she didn't disappoint.
Screw Superman (AKA Screwing the Superhero) by Rebecca Royce. 10/10. I absolutely adored this book. One of the best books I've read this year. I highly recommend it.
Banging the Superhero by Rebecca Royce. 8/10. Not as good as the first, but still a fantastic read. I will definitely be buying more from Ms. Royce.
Who Wants to Date a Superhero by R.G. Alexander. 7/10. This was a fun read. I really liked the heroine and I love R.G. Alexanders use of reality tv in her books. Recommended for anyone who likes superhero romances.
Bunny and the Bear by Eve Langlais 6/10. I really liked this book but there were a few things that tripped me up. I don't want to give anything away, but I wish she'd run with the idea of a bunny shifter instead of...well, if you read the book, I think you'll see what I mean. Also, the use of pie in reference to a woman's sex was a bit strange. And when both characters used it independent of the other, it threw me off. Overall, a cute read, and I will read more from Eve Langlais in the future, but there were a few things that threw me off about this one.
Okay, I think I'm caught up now! Whew, guess I read more than I thought (although still a bit short from usual).
What were your favorite summer reads?













No comments:
Post a Comment