Wednesday, October 5, 2011

September Reads

September was the month of re-reads for me. While recommending reads on a forum, I pulled out a few titles I hadn't read in years and years and suddenly had a craving to read them again. Imagine my surprise when the month ends and I realized I didn't read anything new in the entire month! So, although I need to finish the last book in a series I reread this month, October is going to be a month of all new reads for me (minus the one book which I've already finished LOL)! So here were my reads for September:




Amber Beach by Elizabeth Lowell   5+/5. This is the first book in the series, and one of the best romantic suspense books I've ever read. Truth be told this whole series is really a home run. I highly highly recommend this book.








Jade Island by Elizabeth Lowell  5+/5. Probably my favorite in the entire series. This book really has it all, compelling characters, a fast paced plot that draws you in from the beginning, and everything in between.



 Pearl Cove by Elizabeth Lowell 5/5. Not quite as superb as the other books in the series, but well deserving of a five. An excellent addition to a great series.













Sea Swept, Rising Tides, and Inner Harbor By Nora Roberts. All three 5/5. One of Nora Roberts best in my opinion. Having already read the fourth one in the first few days of October, I can tell you that I did not want this series to end. I just wanted to continue seeing into their lives. An excellent example of everything a contemporary romance can be.



So those were my September reads. What were yours?

2 comments:

  1. Elizabeth Lowell is a new author for me. I'll have to check out this series. Thanks for the lead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem. I haven't read a ton of hers. For some reason I didn't seek out more after reading this series, but the books are some of my favorites. If you give them a try, I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete