Today, I noticed that Amazon released my latest book, Kalindra (Gatekeepers), a couple of days early! At first, excitement filled me!
Then the nerves hit. See, the release day nerves never really go away. At least, not in the past six books. And I doubt they ever will. No matter how many books I publish. Because there will always be those questions in the back of my mind. What if readers don't like this one? What if I let my readers down? What if no one even buys this one?
These questions are only amplified with the release of my latest book, Kalindra. Why is this release particularly nervewracking? One, because this is my first release outside of the Alpine Woods Shifters series. I can't help but fear readers won't make the jump with me to a different world, with all new characters, creatures, and plots. I hope they will. I truly feel that those readers who love my Alpine Woods Shifters will fall just as deeply in love with Kalindra and Cameron. They are really fun characters with a great sense of humor and a real connection between them.
So am I excited about the release of Kalindra? Hell yes! But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit scared as well. For now, all I can do is wait and see (and wish and hope).

No comments:
Post a Comment