So, I'm going to take a step forward and put it out there. My dream is to someday be a New York Times Bestselling author. I know that it's going to take a lot of work. Most writers dream of this, and few achieve it. And the ones that do typically don't wake up and bam! on the Bestseller list. There is so much more to writing than just words on paper. But someday, I hope to count myself among their numbers. I will admit that I lost sight of this dream for awhile. But the fire of my lost dream has recently been reawakened and is stronger than ever.
Having said all that....if it never happens for me, that's okay, too. Because I think part of the adventure of pursuing your dreams is finding new ones along the way. Before Arctic Winds, my first book, came out four years ago this week, my dream had been to publish a book. Before that dream took shape, writing was a hobby for me. My career at the time had been stage management, and my dream had been to stage manage a Broadway show. I never did stage manage a Broadway show, because before my dream could be realized, a new dream, one so much more powerful and intense than the last, replaced it.
Marlon Wayans said, "Success is not a destination, but the
road that you're on. Being successful means that you're working hard and
walking your walk every day. You can only live your dream by working
hard towards it. That's living your dream."
I guess that means that I'm living my dream. Who knows what aspirations and adventures the future holds for me. Either way, I'm ready for the ride.
I guess that means that I'm living my dream. Who knows what aspirations and adventures the future holds for me. Either way, I'm ready for the ride.
So here's your chance, take a step out of your comfort zone and wave your hopes proudly for the world to see.
What's your dream?
No comments:
Post a Comment