What is it about stores like Walmart, Target, and K-mart that causes perfectly reasonable adults to act like kids in a candy store? I went to Walmart for one reason and one reason only. Yet, before long, I found myself wandering down aisles and searching through five dollar movie bins "just to see what they had". And what do I do? I ended up buying two movies, a couple camisoles (who could pass up a three dollar tank top?), a new notebook (not because I needed one but because it was only one dollar!), and other misc. items I didn't need. What is it about discounted items that force reason to take a back seat to the idea of something new, shiny, and cheap?
After my misadventure, I implemented a new rule in my household. I cannot go into a store like that without adult supervision. Yet, when I told one of my friends about my apparent lack of sense and new rule, she confessed to the same problem. Is anyone safe from the lure of the discount bins? Maybe it's simply ingrained in the female brain as my male family members and friends don't seem to suffer the same affliction. So maybe my new rule should be, no superstores without male supervision. But alas, The feminist in me balks at that new phrasing. Perhaps I should just avoid those stores altogether or shop online as it's harder to binge buy in front of a computer.
Anyway, I'm thinking of creating book review days or guest authors/interviews on this blog to bring a little spice to it. What would people most like to see/read?
I am so right there with you, but I truly fail to see the problem. (Maybe this is my problem!!) The movies you probably didn't need, but we all wear clothes, right? And why not snatch up a bargain instead of paying full price later on? Same with office supplies. I didn't really need to buy two packs of Bic pens last time I was at Walmart, but they were only 50 cents each...I will need them at some point! Nothing I hate more than spending $3 on a pack of pens because I need them, but know in August I can get them for super cheap.
ReplyDeleteI honestly love reading author interviews...especially learning how they got their break into the biz!
I do like the idea of author interviews. I've actually been keeping track of any interesting questions I come accross on other people's sites.
ReplyDelete