Monday, October 25, 2010

Are You Obsessed?

I'm obsessed.

I'm obsessed with checking my email, something fueled by having an iphone, making my emails available with the press of a button, anytime, anywhere. I constantly refresh, just checking to see if something new came in.

I'm obsessed with washing my hands. Yes, I'll admit it. I'm a bit of a germaphob. There's nothing like clean hands and my obsession has only gotten worse riding the subway every morning. Just the thought of those subway poles makes me want to run to the bathroom and slather my hands with soap. I know, pathetic.

I'm obsessed with coffee. Not as much as I used to be. Back in college I was drinking six cups a day at one point. Now I'm down to one (okay maybe two). But until I have my first sip in the morning, I'm pretty useless.

And lately, I've been obsessed with my blog. Especially the stats feature which shows how many people visit your blog, which pages they viewed, and where they live. So for all of you who visit and read my blog from the U.S. and beyond - Welcome, Bienvenue, Welkom, Wilkommen, 환영 , добро пожаловать , 歓迎 , 欢迎 , Benvenuto. Note: If you don't see your language on here, the mistake was not intentional. I either couldn't find the translation or missed your country on my stats sheet.

We all have our obsessions, some secret, some not. What are yours?

9 comments:

  1. You are not alone, my dear. I'm obsessed about blogging (Am I visiting all my followers? Should I be posting more? Did I remember to do spell check? This isn't plagarising, is it?) It's so bad that I dream about blogging. The most annoying part - I can't see the words in my dreams, so I can't read them in my sleep;-)
    As for the coffee? Just brewed my second pot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same internal struggle, Cinette. I can't visit everyone every day so I try and spread myself out but then I worry I missed someone or should've visited this person on that day instead. I haven't dreamed about blogging, yet!, but I figure it's only a matter of time. Good to know I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on all of the above. As far as the tech, I was bad enough with my google phone. But, now armed with an iPhone -- It's bliss! I have all email accounts set up to push together so I can see, know, hear, immediately any incoming media! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha I was once obsessed with freecell(a card game on the computer) that anytime I closed my eyes to sleep i saw green instead of darkness. It was then I knew I had to do something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have mine set to notify me to new messages too, but I don't trust it to tell me the second the message comes in so I refresh all on my own.

    Joanna - I was once obsessed with Freecell as well. I still play it on occasion but limit the number of games I can play.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm obsessed with my Blackberry. It's a love/hate relationship but so far the love is winning out...

    I seriously need help. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, you are totally not alone! I check email, obsessively. It's gotten to the point where it's so hard to "check out" from anything electronic. I try (but don't always succeed) to completely turn off on Sundays, and I'm trying to work my way up to one free electronic weekend a month. So far, I'm failing miserably...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with you and Cinette about blogging - I'm always feeling guilty that I don't manage to read and comment on all the blogs in my blogroll. Then again, if I did, that's all I'd be doing! So now I try to hit everyone once a week at least once. I have to admit I'm bad for checking email obsessively. I think Liz has a point with an electronic free weekend a month. I just don't think I can swing it... yet. :) Worth trying though (she says, typing it into an electronic device! lol)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jennifer - I'm sure the blackberry is just like me with my iphone, lol.

    Liz - I'm not sure, scratch that, I'm absolutely sure I could not even go one day with electronics (pathetic I know). But more power to you!

    Debbie - You cracked me up with that last comment.

    ReplyDelete