Probably one of my biggest pet peeves is rudeness. I see no reason for it. Don't get me wrong, I've had my share of bad days, but taking it out on the waitress serving me or the random person I meet on the street never helps. It doesn't make me feel better or lessen my bad day. In fact, I usually end up feeling guilty for making them feel bad on top of my frustration, making me feel worse than ever.
I'm one of those people who took the "treat others like you want to be treated" mantra they drilled into us in kindergarten to heart. And I've learned that a smile really does go a long way. So I can't stand people who do everything in their power to spread their bad attitude. Rudeness is like a disease. A man coughs his attitude on the woman serving coffee, she catches the disease and coughs it up on everyone after them.
So today, let's do our part to stop the rudeness disease before it becomes an epidemic (hopefully we aren't too late). Make sure to smile at the people you meet. Say 'please' and 'thank you'. But most of all, make sure that if you are in a bad mood, you aren't taking it out on some random person who doesn't deserve it.
He he considering i have not stepped out of the house today, my bad mood has been contained.
ReplyDeleteEven my two year old the cause of the bad mood was a model child after giving me a disastrous "good morning" so i did not transfer my aggression to him.
Sondrae, that's so true! Elana also had a post recently about being nice. I loved hers too. Doesn't matter what kind of day we have, if we can be nice - a smile, a hand - we're actually the winners in the end. I'm with you, though... I was that kid too. And am raising my kidlets the same. The world needs more nice, methinks... let's start a movement! ;) Have a great weekend (plus Friday!)
ReplyDeleteHi,
ReplyDeleteI hope your having a wonderful Friday. :)
I'm making my rounds for the 18 & Over Tag Along and I wanted to stop by your blog. Have a great weekend!!
I'm an old follower.
http://romancebookjunkies.blogspot.com