It's that time of year again. The end of all the 2010 reading challenges and the beginning of new challenges. But deciding which challenges to participate in can be a little overwhelming. Even though many books fall into multiple categories, chances are you wont be able to complete every challenge you come across. This yeah I think I'm sticking to one or two. But before you decide, I wanted to share with you some of the ones I've run across around the web.
1. The Paranormal Romance Challenge. Hosted by Bitten By Paranormal Romance. This is a challenge to read 20 paranormal romance books between Jan 1st through Dec 31st. You can pick any adult paranormal romance book as you go, new release or old release it doesn't matter. But remember this is only for paranormal romance. No urban fantasy, YA or paranormal erotica. Head over to the blog for more details or to sign up.
2. The 2011 E-Book Challenge. Hosted by The Ladybug Reads. If you all are like me, and love reading on your kindle, nook, kobo, or other reading devices, than this challenge is perfect for you. There are a few different tiers to shoot for, from curious (requiring only 3 e-books) to Obsessed (which is 20 e-books). My only question is, what comes after obsessed?
3. This one I think is such a smart reading challenge. It's called the 2011 Show Me the Free Challenge and it's hosted by Missy at The Unread Reader. How many of you download free kindle or B&N books and then they sit in your archive or in your reading list for months (I have a couple that are at least a year old). Well this reading challenge is to read one of your free books a month. The book doesn't have to currently be free, as long as it was free at the time you downloaded it. Personally, I can't wait to participate in this challenge and weed out my kindle a bit. :)
4. The 2011 Historical Romance Challenge. Hosted by Danielle at Romance Book Junkies.This challenge is to read 12 historical romance books from Jan 1st to Dec 31st. And this challenge comes with a little added incentive. Danielle is offering a monthly giveaway to all the participants provided they write a review and post it on her linky list. For more details or to sign up, head over to her site.
5. Now, personally, this challenge seems a bit...intense, but I also think it sounds really cool to any really ambitious readers out there. The 2011 50 states reading challenge. Hosted by Tasha at Book Obsessed. The goal of this challenge is to read books that are set in each of the 50 states, any genre. So if anyone is ready to take on the challenge, more power to you!
So those are the ones I wanted to mention but there are thousand reading challenges out there. So if none of these strike your fancy, I'm sure you can find one that fits your exact tastes perfectly. Ah the wonders of google. And if you're hosting any, be sure to share so we can all check them out!
What reading challenges are you participating in next year?
No comments:
Post a Comment