I'm sure it happens to all of us bloggers. Some days our brains just rebel and say NO. I hate to give in, because in those moments my brain resembles a sulking three year old who wants an ice cream cone before dinner. But I'm smart about choosing my battles. At least I like to think I am. So instead of pushing through and writing something witty and fun, I'm rambling an apology for my post today and saving the soldiers or willpower for my current work in progress (Book Four in the Alpine Woods Series and Cody's story for anyone curious). I hope you'll forgive me and return on Friday where I WILL post something more inspired.
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
An Uninspired Blog Post
I have a secret. Well, except it's not really a secret, especially since I'm about to reveal it to all of you. We all know that once something goes on the web it's no longer secret. But this secret isn't so big. The truth is....I have no idea what to blog about today. None. I wracked my brain, and looked at my list of possible topics and not one thing jumped out at me. In fact, it's been a problem this entire week (see my very uninspired post on Monday).
I'm sure it happens to all of us bloggers. Some days our brains just rebel and say NO. I hate to give in, because in those moments my brain resembles a sulking three year old who wants an ice cream cone before dinner. But I'm smart about choosing my battles. At least I like to think I am. So instead of pushing through and writing something witty and fun, I'm rambling an apology for my post today and saving the soldiers or willpower for my current work in progress (Book Four in the Alpine Woods Series and Cody's story for anyone curious). I hope you'll forgive me and return on Friday where I WILL post something more inspired.
I'm sure it happens to all of us bloggers. Some days our brains just rebel and say NO. I hate to give in, because in those moments my brain resembles a sulking three year old who wants an ice cream cone before dinner. But I'm smart about choosing my battles. At least I like to think I am. So instead of pushing through and writing something witty and fun, I'm rambling an apology for my post today and saving the soldiers or willpower for my current work in progress (Book Four in the Alpine Woods Series and Cody's story for anyone curious). I hope you'll forgive me and return on Friday where I WILL post something more inspired.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh yes...many many days of not knowing what to blog about. But other days I will have a plethora of topics so I stock pile them. I had a period though where was posting maybe twice a week cause I just did not know what to post about. Sometimes it helps to blog hop and see what other people are talking about. Usually it sparks my brain into a great post! :) Good luck!!
ReplyDeleteI have a list of topic too but none of them appealed to me today. Just in a mood I guess. But I did hop around other people's blogs and there are some great posts today!
ReplyDeleteI know there were words above the pic but I couldn't tell you what they were...too busy drooling! Thanks for the pick-me-up!
ReplyDeleteHaha, that made me smile. Don't worry with a title like "An Uninspired Blog Post" you didn't miss much by not reading the words above the pic. Thanks for stopping by!
ReplyDeleteI completely understand this. I took a four week break from blogging and just got back to it today. I love the title with the picture. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteI'm right there with ya, girl. Thanks for the yummy man candy!!
ReplyDeleteI'm sure every blogger in the world can relate! That's what's kind of cool about this A to Z challenge---it gives a framework and cues for posting throughout the month of April. But what am I going to do in May??? haha. And a WIP should trump blogging any day. :)
ReplyDeleteI had a really good idea for this comment. Something distracted me...
ReplyDeleteerica
Sondrae, you can get uninspired any time you want. :)
ReplyDeleteI hear you, girl! Sometimes trying to figure out what to blog about is worse than editing my novels. Nice pic of the man though.
ReplyDeleteWelcome back Patricia!
ReplyDeleteErica and Christy - what could have possibly distracted you?
Jill, Mary Ann, and Lisa - Sometimes the ideas just get stuck somewhere and won't come out. Eye candy is always a useful tool on those days, lol.
Nicki- I saw people doing the A-Z challenge and it seems like a lot of fun but posting every day is a bit much for me. I have been enjoying everyone's posts though :) Who knew there were so many different things to talk about that start with the letter J!