Sunday, May 15, 2011

Madly in Love Back on Monday

I hope you all have had great weekends. I had a ton of fun this weekend and did something I haven't done in years. I went to the zoo with some girlfriends of mine. It was funny, though...I kept shocking them by knowing random facts about the animals, all of which I learned from shifter books. Or from my own research in the case of the otters and foxes.

The only mar on the weekend, was the fact that I forgot to invite my most important friend. Usually, I don't rank my friends by order of importance, but for this one friend I made the exception. I forgot to invite/bring my friend sunscreen. Which meant that the past day, I've been lathering aloe on my shoulders and cringing whenever I lift my arms. It seems like once a summer I need to relearn the sunscreen lesson since it seems to fall out of my head during the winter months.

But enough about me and my trip to the zoo. It's time for another Madly in Love Monday post! Today's book is:

Making Chase by Lauren Dane. This is the fourth book in the Chase Brothers series and in my opinion far and away the best. While the whole series is endearing and chocked full of 'awww' moments, this story is the one that captured my heart. Matt's attentiveness as he helps Tate overcome her insecurities only makes the reader fall deeper in love with him. And with Tate, Ms. Dane managed to write a heroine who has more than her share of insecurities, yet doesn't seem whiny or needy. There were very few moments where Tate got on my nerves but even those moments just made her more...real. So although I DO recommend reading the entire Chase series, if nothing else, I suggest picking up the fourth book because Making Chase is a love story not to be missed.

blurb:
Matt is an expert and the Chase is on. Tate doesn’t stand a chance.

Tate Murphy is a girl from the wrong side of the tracks. She grew up a million miles away from the easy life Matt Chase has had. She’s spent her life pulling herself and her siblings up and out of that trailer by the railroad tracks and she hasn’t looked back. Matt Chase is a dream of a guy and she’s certainly not going to turn down a short fling with one of the most handsome men she’s ever seen!

Matt Chase has watched each one of his brothers find love and he knows he’s ready for that too. It’s all a matter of finding the woman who captures his heart. He’s certainly sampled his fair share of them but none has moved him the way Tate Murphy does when he goes to her shop to thank her for some cookies and a thank you note. But as Matt gets to know Tate and appreciate her strength and unique beauty, he also realizes she’s got some big self esteem issues about her past. To build a future, he’s got to find a way past some big road blocks.
Warning, this title contains the following: explicit sex, graphic language, some violence.

What book are you Madly in Love with?

2 comments:

  1. Sounds very, very good! I'm behind in a lot of series. It's about time I get caught up.

    I'm currently in love with Vanish by Sophie Jordan, the second in the Firelight Series it was hard not to devour in one sitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so behind on my series. So much so that I made a reading rule about not starting any more until I finish any I'm in the middle of.

    I love Sophie Jordan but I haven't read either of the books in the Firelight series. I'll have to add them to the pile. :)

    ReplyDelete