Salvador Dali's paintings have always fascinated me. In college, I took a theatrical costume design class and one of our projects was to design the play Everyman. The play's characters all personify abstract ideas such as Knowledge, Good Deeds, Beauty, etc. We got to choose our own theme for the play and I based the entire design off of different Dali paintings. For example, Death not only carried around a melted pocket watch, but his face was distorted like the face of the clocks, Goods (as in worldly goods) had actual shelves protruding from her dress (rigged with a rope made to look like pearls) overflowing with "gold" and "jewels". I actually kept the renderings because I thought they were so cool.
But I'm actually getting off track... The point of this post is that I feel like I'm in the paintings with the melting clocks. Somehow, time has gotten away from me and I have completely neglected this blog, and all of you, for the past two weeks. I truly intended to take a week off and jump back into things immediately but things didn't work out as smoothly as my plans. I got line edits back for Chasing Paradise in addition to the copy edits for The Wolf Within. Let me tell you, I have been holed up in the editing cave with very few breaks. But Chasing Paradise is off to my editor and The Wolf Within is well underway! So, I apologize for taking an extra week, but now I'm back in the swing of things!
What have I missed in the past week?

I know what it's like!!! Good luck!!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Stephanie!
ReplyDelete