Instead, I spent the whole weekend on my couch, being a reading fiend. Literally. In the two-- and a half if you count Friday night-- days, I read two and a half books. I couldn't get enough of them. I started reading Wicked Deeds on a Winters Night by Kresley Cole, having already read the first two in the series, and couldn't stop after finishing. I then breezed through book four and am currently about 100 pages in book five. So far, book three has been my favorite of the whole series. If you are a fan of paranormal romance and have not picked up the Immortals After Dark series yet, I cannot recommend them highly enough.
I say in my profile that I love finding a good book and immersing myself in the world and characters and let me tell you, Ms. Cole is a master of both. I can think of no greater way to spend my weekend than caught up in the world she created. Well, okay, that's a lie. Reading on the beach with a fruity umbrella drink in hand would have been preferable to reading on my couch, but other than the lack of beach hunks to oogle, absolutely perfect.
What did you do this weekend?
Even though you were missed I forgive you because it was for the love of books. I can't take that away from anyone. Sounds like a series I need to get my hands on!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love it when I get to spend the weekend reading - just for pleasure, not for reviews of critiques. I miss it.
ReplyDeleteI spent the weekend with family. That father's day thing, ya know. Don't tell anyone, but I did enjoy myself :)
.........dhole
I ran a garage sale with a friend....lots of work, but I made $300...not too shabby! Saturday night we hung out with friends and Sunday we had a fun family day.
ReplyDelete