But the start of a new month does bring to mind all the books I read in the last month. So here goes:
3 stars - And if I'm being honest, closer to 2. I love Tymber Dalton and I love the Triple Trouble series but I had a lot of issues with this prequel. The one thing that bothered me the most, was the lack of interaction between the two heroes and the heroine. The story built a relationship between the heroine and Brody (one of the heroes in the Triple Trouble series) and showed the strong bond between the heroine and her gay best friend, but there was very little between the three leads. When she was upset, the heroes allowed the other two men to comfort her. Tymber Dalton is still on my auto-buy list. I think she's fantastic. But this was a disappointment.

I'm grouping these two together since they are books 3 and 4 in the same series.
Overall - 4 out of 5 stars. Both books were entertaining, enjoyable, and wrapped up the series in a very nice way. I did learn recently that some of the secondary characters in these books have their own series. They immediately went on my TBR pile.
I really wanted to like this story. I've seen the author around on various social sites and have always respected her persona. She seems friendly, well informed, and a genuinely nice person. But this book didn't do it for me. I could see why so many think this is a cute story. I could see why so many people rated it highly. But something about the style just didn't work for me. I recommend giving her a try. It's a short story and only 99cents on kindle, but also recommend sampling before buying. My rating: 2.5 out of 5

4 out of 5. It took me a little while to get involved in the action but as soon as this story captured me, it kept me engrossed for the rest of the book, so much so that I read for two days straight without stopping. At one point, I even let my coffee get cold beside me because I was so consumed with the book (and for a coffee addict, that's saying a lot). The ending left room for a sequel and I'm hoping Sonya Clark will pen one. I'll certainly be watching out for one...

A reread and just as wonderful as I remembered. I only got through the first story in the book, Playing the Odds, and plan to read Caine's story at some point this month. 5 out of 5 stars
What books did you read in May?


Thank you for the mention! There is a second Mojo book in the works, it's great to see interest in it.
ReplyDeleteI like your idea of one post covering what you read in a month instead of a bunch of reviews. I may have to steal that idea!
Steal away. It gives the month a nice wrapped up feeling I think. :)
ReplyDeleteOh, and woohoo for a second Mojo book!