Monday, June 13, 2011

Website Launch

As some of you may have noticed, I've been mysteriously absent from not just blogger but twitter, facebook, etc. the past week. Well, I'm sorry about that, but at least it was for a good reason. After some issues getting in touch with my website designer, I decided to take matters into my own hands. So the past week, I've been learning how to use Joomla and how to put my design onto the website just how I wanted it. It's been absolutely exhausting since computers have never been my forte. BUT. The hard work paid off and my website is now live and fully functioning. I had to change a few things that I could quite figure out, like the design on the contact page, but I'm happy with the changes and couldn't be happier with the final results. I even figured out how to change the little icon beside the web address and in the page header (like the orange B for blogger or the little bird for twitter) and custom made one for the site.

Stop on by and tell me what you think!

www.sondraebennett.com

The good thing about doing it myself is that I can change things myself, so if you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

3 comments:

  1. It's absolutely gorgeous! You did a fantastic job. Who says you need a web site designer? :)

    My only suggestion is to simplify the font in the "About Me" section. Script is very hard to read, and since the rest of the site is so clean and uncluttered, it feels out of place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely done! I agree with Maria about the font in "About Me" but besides that I love the site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Maria and Angelina. I've been going back and forth about that script font, lol, so thanks for the advice. I'll put it on the list of things to change. :)

    ReplyDelete