That saying, "Live every day like it's your last," has some truth to it. If it were really our last day on Earth, we wouldn't go to work or exercise or pay bills or clean...cause we do still need to do those things! :) But we also need to live each day to it's fullest and spend more time doing the things we love with the people we love. I used to stress over a messy house...but these days, when I have to choose between dishes and laundry or something fun with my kids, the housework definitely sits! I get to it eventually!
My newest release, Soap Dreams, is about finding happiness in places where you never thought you could again. It's never too late to reclaim an old passion or an old love.
Blurb:
It’s never too late to start over.
Robyn Miller is perfectly happy in her immaculate home, playing stay-at-home mom and
devoted wife. That is, until she's channel surfing one day and sees her high school sweetheart Derek, acting in a lead role in her favorite old soap. Watching Derek's show becomes her secret pleasure...and brings back memories best forgotten. When Derek's mother throws him a big celebration in town, Robyn tries to avoid seeing him, but ends up in his arms for a dance.
Derek has finally hit the big-time, but he hasn't found happiness. He regrets losing Robyn,
and his show's ratings are falling. He longs to get her back in his life--both personally, and as a writer on the show. Those love scenes she used to dream up were Emmy material. Knowing her marriage is a sham, can he convince her to follow her dreams and give the show--and him--a shot?
A friend of mine, a woman in her fifties, read the blurb for Soap Dreams and told me it's too late for her. And that made me so sad. Fifty is young these days. Is she really satisfied to live the next 30 or 40 years unhappy?? I don't think she should...and I encouraged her to find happiness. And I hope all you do too! :)
Stephanie Haefner is a wife, mother of two, and novelist from Buffalo, NY. Her debut, A Bitch Named Karma, is available from Lyrical Press, along with her latest releases Paradise Cove and Soap Dreams. Her shorter works have published in Nickel City Nights: Erotic Writing in Western New York, Flash Me Magazine, Chicken Soup for the Soul, and Voices from the Herd. She is a member of Romance Writers of America and the Buffalo Writers Meetup Group. When not writing, she enjoys dance, scrapbooking, and Disney World. Visit her at www.stephaniehaefnerthewriter. com.
Thank you Sondrae for having me today! Every commenter will be entered to win my Grand Prize at the end of my blog tour...a signed copy of A Bitch Named Karma (US only, sorry!) and digital copies of both Paradise Cove and Soap Dreams!
Thank you so much for being here, Stephanie. Having read and loved your other books, I can tell everyone that this is a prize not to be missed, so be sure and leave Stephanie a comment and check out her other books! To purchase Soap Dreams, you can go to Lyrical Press, Amazon, and digital bookstores everywhere.

Thanks for having me Sondrae!!!
ReplyDeleteI agree Steph; its never too late to find happiness.
ReplyDeleteI'm nearing 50 myself, and while I'm not "looking for love", I've found over the years that my companionship needs have changed, matured. My concept of "romance" and relationships in general, have shifted from when I was 30 and raising a family.
Soap Dreams sounds as intriguing as Karma.
.......dhole
Thanks for stopping by Donna. Karma was a great book. I definitely recommend it.
ReplyDeleteGreat post! And, Stephanie, I don't need to enter to win because (sing song voice) I already have it!!!! :-) Kindle AND signed in print. :-D
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteSorry for the deleted comments; blogger locked up and then over-posted them. :-P
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by everyone!!!
ReplyDelete