In deference to the holiday, I've chosen three songs that (more or less) evoke the spirit of this holiday. I say more or less because in reality only one of these songs is a true Halloween song. The other two can fit into other categories as well but have a spooky enough vibe to be included in the celebration.
1. The first on my list, and by far my favorite song for this holiday is "Monster Mash" by Bobby "Boris" Pickett. Vampires, ghouls, zombies, and even the wolf man and Dracula himself did the monster mash. And although it was kind of a one hit wonder, it was certainly a 'graveyard smash'.
2. You can't have a favorite Halloween song list and not include Michael Jackson's "Thriller". You just can't do it and I refuse to be the first. My only hope is that while you're reading this, you're thinking of the dance moves since I think the dance might just be the best part.
3. The last song on my list is probably the furthest from a Halloween song of the three. But it is about a crazed serial killer and since that's kind of what this holiday is about (not the actual act but the dressing up as one) I decided to stretch the rules a bit. "Mack the Knife" by Bobby Darin. This song is jarring the first time you hear it because of it's deceiving upbeat tune. No, he's not singing about love or happiness. He's singing about a serial killer.
So, those are my top three spooky songs. What are yours?
Next week there will NOT be a new sing-along. Instead erotic romance author Nichelle Gregory will be on my blog talking about her latest release Lovin' Leela. I've read the book and it's a very fun, sweet read. Be sure to stop by next Sunday to learn more!
Casper the Friendly Ghost...naught. I was just joking. Happy Boo to you too.
ReplyDeleteNancy
N. R. Williams, fantasy author
Thanks for stopping by N.R. I'm not going to lie, I thought about putting the ghostbuster song on the list, but it just missed the cut. It's not Casper the Friendly Ghost but kind of in the same category. Hope you're having a Happy Halloween!
ReplyDelete