Here is the tree (decorated by yours truly):
And as a tradition, my family always does stockings on Christmas Eve. We had to get new stockings since my brother got engaged in September (so exciting!) and they're spending the holiday with our family this year. So I went online and picked these out. I think they're just adorable. We hung them on the back of everyone's chair at the dinning table.
I've already shared my favorite cookies on the blog HERE, so i thought I'd share my second favorite. They're called Peanut Blossom Kisses and they are delish!
1.75 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 T. milk
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 egg
48 candy kisses (hersheys) unwrapped
Combine all ingredients except kisses in large bowl. Mix at low speed until dough forms.
Shape dough into balls, placing one unwrapped kiss in center. Roll balls in additional sugar.
Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes (light brown).
Alternatively you can leave the kisses out and place them on top immediately after they come out of the oven.
I made them both ways, heres how they came out:
And...because I never pass up the opportunity to show off my babies (my dogs). The other day we had a guest bring over some doggie santa outfits. My older dog (oddly enough the smaller of the two) HATES costumes, so we only kept it on her for a second. You can see how much she hates it in the first picture. The baby of the family, seemed to like his, so I put it on him this morning and marched him out in front of my tree display.
So that's a peek at my Christmas. What's one tradition you're looking forward to this holiday?
I love the skinny trees, and your dogs are so cute. Thanks for sharing your holiday.
ReplyDeleteWhat a nice tree! Have a Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteSuch a pretty tree! I love the swirly ribbons. I have to get some for myself! :)
ReplyDeleteYour tree is gorgeous! I love the stockings and that you hung them on the back of the chairs, and those cookies look scrumptious! :-)
ReplyDeleteOMG I LOVELOVELOVE peanut butter cookies with kisses!!! Have a happy holiday!
ReplyDeleteAnother wonderful recipe to add to the ever growing list. The puppies are lovely all dressed for the occasion. Great tree.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your upcoming novel!
ReplyDeleteLove the stockings on chairs. Fun.
ReplyDeleteAww, Santa puppies! Love your idea to hang the stockings on the back of chairs, and I'm sure your sister-in-law to be will be honored to be part of the family tradition. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm most looking forward to after Church when we come home and open gifts while the French toast casserole bakes. :D
Dogs are so cute. I love those cookies. I think I'll make some.
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful holisday!
I love your tree! And such a cute dog! Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteYour dogs are so cute. And you already know I love peanut butter blossoms! There's nothing better than peanut butter and chocolate. Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! What adorable pups!!!! Beautiful tree too!! Thanks for the great recipes!! Merry Christmas!!!! How about a few more of these guys!!!!!
ReplyDeleteLOL! Look at your funny dogs. :D
ReplyDeleteAnd I LURV those kiss cookies. mmm!
Thanks for sharing--Merry Christmas! :o)
Um, I want those cookies! They look so yummy! And your dogs are adorable! Have a very Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteYour puppies are so cute! (I call all dogs puppies no matter what age) I love them! Peanut butter treats are my favorite. You're making me hungry... yum!
ReplyDeleteOh, your doggies are adorable! So sweet! The kisses look yummy, too. Merry Christmas. =D
ReplyDeleteThe puppies are just too adorable. Loved them!
ReplyDeleteYour tree is great. I really like a tall, thin tree. It looks great and takes up very little space.
ReplyDeleteYour fox terrier is SOOOOOOO cute!
Merry Christmas!
Michael
Love the tree, yummy cookies and the santa dogs! I've been meaning to buy my dog a little Santa suit, although he's more of a mischievous little elf. :) Happy Holidays to you! Oh - and congrats on your upcoming release!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! Your dogs are just adorable! I love your decorations too...thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteI love those cookies! And what cute puppies you have!! Those costumes rock...
ReplyDeleteYour dogs are cute and your tree is gorgeous! Happy Holidays!
ReplyDeleteWe do joke gifts each year - my little brother is the recipient this year. His real gifts will be hidden and he'll have a bunch of crappy gifts to open first. :-) It gets him EVERY time. Love it. Your dogs are so adorable! Have a Merry Christmas!!
ReplyDeleteI love the santa dog! And those cookies sound absolutely phenomenal! There are way too many amazing recipes I need to try! My jeans are hating on me simply for the desire to eat all of this!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for participating in our blog fest!
Lovely tree, lovely cookies and lovely dog! LOVELY! :)
ReplyDeleteOoh those kisses look good. And your pups are so cute in their outfits!
ReplyDeleteYour dogs are adorable! And the treats look really yummy :)
ReplyDeleteAwww those pups are so so SO cute. Love the tree and congrats on your pending releases. Thanks for sharing and have a Merry Christmas!! :D
ReplyDeleteThose cookies look really yummy!
ReplyDeleteCute kids ;)
ReplyDeleteHappy Holidays.
I love your tree and your puppy's Christmas outfit! The cookies look yummy too.
ReplyDeleteOne of my favorite traditions is making Christmas cookies with my daughter on christas Eve.
I hope you are having a great holiday!
Awww, what a cute little dog! I wish mine would let me get near her with a sweater. Thanks for sharing the yummy cookie recipe!
ReplyDeleteI hope your holiday went well. Have a happy New Years!
ReplyDelete