Monday, December 6, 2010

Madly in Love Monday


It's that time again. Time for another Madly in Love Monday! If you're new to the blog, Monday is the day I choose one book from my keeper shelf, a book that I've fallen so Madly in Love with I just have to share it with all of you.

Most Mondays I choose a romance, but today I've decided to break form completely and choose something very different. My absolutely favorite book of all time.

"Watchers" by Dean Koontz. This is not you traditional horror story. Within it's pages is my favorite character of all time. And believe it or not, the character is a dog.

If you are a dog person, you absolutely need to read this book. Never has a character been as likable, as endearing, as the golden retriever, Einstein. And the love between him and his owner (if he can really be called that) Travis makes for some very powerful reading.

Dean Koontz is truly a master storyteller and it comes through in this novel. You'll laugh, you'll cry, and then you'll do it again. And if you're like me and you read the book more than once (I've read it at least five or six times) than you'll do it even more. And that's why this book is my madly in love pick for today.

What's your Madly in Love pick?

6 comments:

  1. ooh I love thee watchers crazy crazy book. I read it till the spine broke and then I bought it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great book isn't it! I have a few copies floating around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one I haven't read but with a recommendation that strong, I'll have to add it to my TBR pile. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda - I have a lot of books I love. This is one of the few that I honestly can't recommend highly enough. Hope you do get a chance to read it! Let me know what you think if you do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I need to read this book. I just checked to see if I had it on my shelf and I don't! I have a bunch of other Koontz books, though... how'd I miss this one? Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm trying to remember if I read this one or not. Sometimes I forget if it's a cover I've seen a lot. I used to read a lot of his books, so maybe....

    One of my favorites was Anne Rice's Witching Hour.

    ReplyDelete