Today, is my entry for the "Show Me The Free" reading challenge hosted by Missy at The Unread Reader. Basically, this challenge involves reading one book a month that you downloaded as a free download (legal downloads only) such as the ones offered for free at the kindle store. Then you have to make a post about the book you read. As someone who has downloaded countless free kindle books that I never seem to get around to reading, this challenge is perfect for cleaning out my kindle. You can read more about the challenge HERE.
So this month, I read Regina in the Sun by R.G. Alexander which I downloaded over the summer as a free kindle read. When I downloaded the book, I had no idea who R.G. Alexander was. But before I could get around to reading this book, I was recommended another of her series starting with My Shifter Showmance. When I read this book, I knew R.G. Alexander, while not yet on my auto buy list, was well on her way. She creates likable characters and weaves them into interesting plot lines. The only part of this book I didn't care for was one long sex scene that, while hot, I felt didn't add to the story. But overall, a great read! The sequel has definitely made it onto my TBR pile. So I guess my only other problem with the book would be that it added to my TBR pile instead of taking away like I hoped because I enjoyed it so much (if that could be called a complaint). Good work by Ms. Alexander!

Hmmm... I haven't heard of this author either, before this review.
ReplyDeleteI t must be tricky to write sex scenes into a story because you want them to be enticing and adds value. I definitely know what you mean about coming across some that seem out of place.
I always complain about how huge my TBR is but secretly I love that I have so many good books to read.
Thanks for the review.
Never heard of this book or the author. I enjoyed reading your review, but I'm not sure its my type of book. I'm really attracted to young adult books for some strange reason, even though I'm far beyond the YA adult. Oh well, guess I'm young at heart - lol.
ReplyDeleteI also haven't heard of this book either. Thanks for doing the review, and I agree with you with the appropriateness of sex scenes--they have to belong and not be "decoration".
ReplyDelete