Sure thing! Pleasures Untold is the story of a young witch, Martha Stewart aka Ainsley Campbell, who is on the hunt for the vamp who murdered her mother and grandmother. Magically disguised to stay hidden from her enemy, she’s single-handedly ridding Hanaford Park of its demon and vamp population in the hopes she’ll eventually come across the dirtbag who murdered her family members. Her mission is clear, well…it’s clear until she crosses paths with Xan, a hybrid vamp who’s sworn to protect her. Things that were once very black and white for Martha become muddled, and she’s forced to rethink everything she thinks she knows.
Is there anything else you’re working on now? Any new releases on the horizon?
I’m currently working on book three in my Hanaford Park series, tentatively titled The Witching Hour. I’ve got about 20k left to write and am working on it whenever I can.
What do you want readers to take away from your books?
I read to escape. I love romance and I enjoy laughter. My greatest hope is that readers are entertained and finish my books with a smile on their face. If I’m able to bring a bit of laughter out along the way, even better!
Tell us a little about your writing process. Do you start with a plot or with characters?
I’m very much a panster. I generally start with a basic idea about where the story will go, and a good understanding of my main characters. I always know the beginning, middle and end of my story, and the rest tends to magically fall into place as I write. It’s always a discovery, and I’m often just as surprised by what happens as the readers are. My characters tend to be stubborn and don’t like to listen.
Where do you want to be in five years?
Ooooh, girl! I’d love to have a fat stack of books lining the shelves at Barnes and Noble! That would be the ultimate!
If you got the opportunity to cast famous actors in the lead roles, who would you choose?
Grins This is always a fun question. I definitely think I’d cast Lucy Hale as Martha. She’s the closest I’ve seen to what I picture in my head. Xan’s a toughie. I think I’d have to go with a clean shaven version of Joe Manganiello. He’s pretty darn smokin’!
If you were stranded on a desert island with only one book (not including any of your own) which book would you want to have with you?
AAACK! Just one! I have to choose?? You’re killing me, smalls! Sigh…okay, if forced to choose, right now I’d pick Karen Marie Moning’s Shadowfever. I LOVE me some Barrons!
What are you reading now?
Dark Tide Rising by Kristin Miller. It’s a dark, gritty romantic suspense. Good stuff!
Any advice for aspiring writers?
Keep plugging away. Write as much as you can, even if it’s only a few hundred words. You’ve heard the saying “practice makes perfect” right? The more you write the better you get. Oh, and get yourself a critique partner. It’s always helpful to have someone to bounce ideas off of, and someone who will tell you with complete honesty that the last scene you wrote sucks complete ass. That kind of help is invaluable.
Parting thoughts?
I’m just real thankful to be here, and I’m happy to have had the chance to chat with you. Thanks!
I'm thrilled that you were able to join me, today! I can't wait to pick up a copy of Pleasures Untold and look forward to more releases in the future! To find out more about Lisa, visit her website http://www.lisasanchezromanceauthor.com
or her blog http://www.calicheermom


I could get into dark and gritty.
ReplyDeleteI think there's more to romance out there now than just Harlequin. Maybe I should try your brand.
.......dhole