Today is a special day, and not just because it's Valentine's day. Today is special because not only am I participating in the Show Me The Love Blogfest, hosted by the fabulous Stephanie Haefner at The Writers Cocoon, but I also have an interview with Lisa Sanchez, a fantastic romance author. If you aren't familiar with her work (or even if you are), I encourage you to stop by HERE.
But...without further ado, I bring you the Show Me The Love Blogfest!
All you need to do to participate is answer the following questions:
1- What is the most romantic thing anyone has ever done for you?
This is a hard one for me because I believe romance is most clearly shown in the little things. In making me a cup of coffee in the morning when he's up before me. Of eating the dinner I cooked, even though I know full well I overcooked the chicken and burned the pasta. Then asking for seconds and telling me how much he enjoyed it. And picking a movie from Blockbuster that he thinks I want to see, instead of just the ones he wants. Don't get me wrong, the grand gestures are great. But it's the little things that give me the warm fuzzies inside.
2- What is your favorite love song?
I have to choose just one? I love More Than Words by Extreme, For The Longest Time by Billy Joel, and Don't go Breaking My Heart by Elton John and Kiki Dee, and To Be With You by Mr. Big.... But my all time favorite has to be The Way You Do The Things You Do by The Temptations. I adore that song.
3- Do you have a favorite romantic movie or book?
I have way too many favorite romantic books to name them here. I actually have a weekly section on my blog on Mondays dedicated to my favorite books, usually romance (except not this week because of the blogfest!). I'm actually not a huge fan of romantic comedy movies. I'm a bit bloodthirsty when it comes to movies. Give me a zombie or alien movie any day :)
4- Do you have any romantic plans for Valentine's Day this year?
I actually don't. I'm looking forward to a quiet evening at home. Maybe renting a movie and having a nice dinner at home.
5- What's your favorite romantic treat? (candy, chocolate, edible body paint, etc...)
Can't beat the chocolates on Valentine's Day. Although I've never tried edible body paint....hmmm that's something to consider....
Well thanks for stopping by! Be sure to check out Stephanie's blog and the other entries in the Blogfest. And don't forget to check out my interview with Lisa Sanchez.

We're going to rent a movie too and get a heart shaped pizza. LOL. I'll be checking out your Monday picks. I'm your newest follower.\
ReplyDeletebethfred.com
We're going to rent a movie too and get a heart shaped pizza. LOL. I'll be checking out your Monday picks. I'm your newest follower.\
ReplyDeletebethfred.com
So agree. It is the little things that can mean the most. Happy Valentines Day! Your evening sounds just perfect.
ReplyDeleteHi,
ReplyDeleteA man who'll eat over-cooked meal and smile is a treasure to be hold! ;)
Happy VD.
best
F
I agree with you on the little things! I love the small moments that make me melt for my husband.
ReplyDeleteLove Billy Joel - "For The Longest Time" is amazing. My absolute favorite love song is also Billy Joel, but it's "Just The Way You Are". He does romantic so well!
I like the small gestures and quiet moments at home too.
ReplyDeleteNot that I'm opposed to expensive jewelry and nights out on the town . .
......dhole
The small gestures mean the most. Thanks for sharing and nice to meet you!
ReplyDelete