Thursday, May 5, 2011

May the 4th Be With You

I know, I know. Today is the fifth of May. But I didn't realize yesterday was known as Star Wars Day until late in the evening! And as a fangirl of Star Wars, I had to make a post, even if it is a day late.

That's right, folks. I've lost some of my obsession with the movies (original three of course) over the years, but Star Wars will always hold a special place in my heart. As a teen girl, I swooned over Mark Hamill-- yeah I was a Luke Skywalker girl. I even kept the VHS box set even after tossing the VCR player because I couldn't bear to part with the original, pre-remastered versions. And, don't repeat this, I had a signed picture of Luke Skywalker over my bed. Yep, I was that girl. The pages of my eighth grade yearbook are filled with "May the force be with you over the summer" messages. And no, I'm not kidding. I was obsessed.

So, in honor of Star Wars Day (a day late), I give you our very special hunks for hump day:
 


That last one is kind of cheating because it's not just Hans Solo. But how sexy was that scene! I couldn't NOT include it. :)

Did you have a crush on Luke Skywalker or Hans Solo?

8 comments:

  1. Han. Then, now, and forever. I crushed on him so hard to this day I prefer dark haired men in real life and fictional heroes who remind me of him. Like Mal Reynolds of Firefly. Han will always be my first love. That scene in Empire when Leia says "I love you" and Han says "I know" - weak. in. the knees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just thinking of that scene makes me sigh, lol. I have an urge to have a Star Wars marathon this weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a Han girl too. Love those fly boys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) I love reading about people's teen crushes!!!! I have two sets of idols...pre- NKOTB, with huge posters of Kirk Cameron and Patrick Swayze. And then the explosion of my favorite guys, plastering every square inch of my bedroom walls! And truth be told...if hubby would let me, I would still do it now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL Stephanie, I'm not sure I would plaster my walls like I used to...but I do have pictures of my current celebrity crushes as my computer background every now and then. Christian Bale looks mighty fine in a bathing suit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Hans Solo for me! I laughed through this post. I had such a crush on Rick Springfield when I was younger--I could totally relate to your Mark Hamill love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo, Rick Springfield is a good one, too. I think everyone had a fangirl obsession with someone in their youth.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had a huge crush on Han growing up. Love him, and love the movies. In fact, the Star Wars Saga brings back some of the only nice memories I have of me and my dad spending time together. These flicks are timeless and sooo good!

    ReplyDelete