It wasn't easy to decide. I've read some great books this year, but in the end I settled on my four favorites (with a few honorable mentions at the end).
January:
This one was an easy one. There were a ton of great books I read in January, but I'd been waiting for over a year to learn what became of MacKayla Lane and Jerrico Barrons. And like all Fever fans, I scoured the forums and message boards to try and figure out who the beast was from book four. So when I look back at January, I didn't really have a choice. Shadowfever takes the award for best book. Not only was it highly anticipated, but for me, it lived up to the hype.
February:
Like January, February was an easy pick for me. Although book four of the Shadowlands series didn't end on the cliffhanger book four of the Fever series did, I still counted down the days until this book was released. Cherise Sinclair has long been one of my favorite authors and although normally I wait until I can buy the kindle version of her books (Loose ID has a two month delay to kindle), this one I couldn't wait for and bought the PDF. Well, and my Goodreads group was using this book as a monthly read and I wanted to participate. Make Me, Sir was a fantastic read and quickly became my favorite of the shadowland series, even though my favorite of all her books remains The Dom's Dungeon.
March was a bit more difficult of a choice. There were no highly anticipated releases during the month. Instead, I ended up catching up on my TBR pile--or putting a tiny dent in it at least. There were a couple books I debated between but in the end had to throw the win to the second book in Kresley Cole's IAD series, No Rest for the Wicked. This was such a fun read and I fell in love with the characters from the get go. I haven't gotten to the next few books in the series although I bought up until book five. They're on the ever growing list... But I am very much looking forward to them!
April:
This was another easy one for me. Shelly Laurenston is one of, if not the top of, my favorite authors and her Pride books are just amazing. In my opinion, they really are in a class by themselves. So when the new Pride book came out, I started it immediately and read it in one day. There's just no competing with one of her books, which may be a bit unfair to the other books I read in April but there's no help for it. Big Bad Beast takes the cake and the win for April. And yes, there is cake. It's delicious.
Now, I know it's a bit unfair to have three honorable mentions considering I'm only talking about four months. But it really has been a fantastic reading quarter for me. And since I'm making up the rules, I say there are no rules about how many honorable mentions I can have. So...
Honorable Mentions
Dana Marie Bell's Blood of the Maple
Stacey Kennedy's The Willow (book one of her Magical Sword series)
Karen Marie Moning's Beyond the Highland Mist
Now it's your turn. What were your monthly favorite reads?



I think I've only read 4 books this year! LOL!! Your picks look good!
ReplyDeleteHopefully they were a good four books though!
ReplyDelete