Today, I have an awesome author visiting my blog. Please join me in welcoming romance and YA author, L.K. Below.
Tell us a little about your latest release, Never a Princess, Always a Frog?
Never a Princess, Always a Frog is the beginning of a new series. Each book -- a hot contemporary romance -- will revolve around a fairy tale which parallels the story. In Never a Princess, Always a Frog ("The Princess and the Frog"), Colleen visits a rowdy Halloween party wearing nothing but green paint. Will she be able to find herself a prince? The second book, Beauty in His Bed, will feature Colleen's plus sized cousin.
Do you have a favorite book that you've written or one you recommend a new reader start with?
Each of my books hold a special place in my heart. Setting aside my newest release, I particularly love Stone Cold Kiss. The Hero, Seamus, will get any woman's heart pumping. Sexy silver-tongued Irishman? Yes, please!
What is your favorite thing about being a writer?
There are many ups to be had in writing. Talking to someone who enjoyed my book, reading a great review, or getting a hefty check (hey, that never goes amiss :) ). But the absolute best part is writing. I craft my worlds and stories because I love what I do. There's nothing quite like the feeling of completing something or immersing in a new world. It's the best feeling in the world.
What do you want readers to take away from your books?
If they can forget their lives for a while, wear the characters' skins, then I've done my job. If they come away from my books feeling uplifted and optimistic, I've done my job. I want my books to do what every other great romance book will do -- transport the reader.
What do you do when you're not writing?
There's a time when I'm not writing? Ha! Every now and again, my boyfriend forces me to relax. In that case, I watch a movie, or paint, or draw, or if I'm lucky I'll research somthing interesting. Although the last is still technically writing...
Who are your favorite authors?
I love the classics. The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux, The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas, Cyrano de Bergerac by Edmond Rostand, Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell, and just about anything by Lord Byron.
Moving into more modern times, some of my favorites include: Kathleen E. Woodiwiss, Terry Pratchett, R.A. Salvatore, Mercedes Lackey, Tamora Pierce, Julia Quinn, and Kresley Cole.
What are you currently reading?
Right now I'm reading Captive Bride by Bonnie Dee. If you ever get the chance to read it, do. It's an interracial historical set in 1870 San Francisco. I'm always looking for historicals set in unusual times or places. And this one delivers!
What can we look forward to from you in the future?
This October, I'm excited to launch a new trilogy. This urban fantasy trilogy features a secret organization, a mad murderer, a gothic heroine, and a vampire or two. Stalking Shade, the first installment, comes out from Lyrical Press, Inc. on October 3rd. The second book, Out of the Shadows, is slated for an April 2012 release, and I'm currently working on the third and last, This Blackened Night. I love Lori, the main character, and I'm very excited to see what others think of her and the persistent faux-vampire determined to win her heart.
Any parting thoughts?
Please join me on my website, www.lbelow.net, or on my blog, http://lbelow.blogspot.com, where I blog daily.
Thank you to Sondrae for having me!!
Thank you for joining us, L.K.
Now for the contest. I will be giving away a kindle version of L.K. Below's latest release Never a Princess, Always a Frog to a random commenter between now and Thursday at 3pm EST. To enter, simply leave a comment or question and be sure to leave your email address (alternatively you can email it to me at sondraebennett@gmail.com if you prefer not to leave it on a comment). Winner will be announced on the blog as well as contacted via email.


Thanks so much for having me, Sondrae! It's a blast to be here. :)
ReplyDeleteI love the play on fairytales! It's something for me that never gets old and just for that alone I want to read this book!
ReplyDeleteWriters never stop writing it seems. Even while researching, watching television, painting. We're always telling a story.
My second reason is because Sondrae has never steered me wrong!
Jen, thank you for taking the time to read the interview. I'm glad it sounds appealing to you.
ReplyDeletePersonally, I wouldn't have it any other way. Why would I want to stop writing? It's just so much easier to give in :)
Best of luck with your writing. If you do read the book, I hope you enjoy it. I'm having a lot of fun with this series. It sates my fairy tale itch. :)
What a great book idea! I'd love to win it!
ReplyDeleterobindpdx (at) yahoo (dot) com
I'm glad to hear it's something that catches your interest, Robin. Thanks for stopping by -- and for visiting my personal blog to leave a comment.
ReplyDeleteBest Wishes,
Think I missed the contest, but what the heck...LOL
ReplyDeleteThanks for the give away....!
Darcy
pommawolf @ hotmail.com
Hi Darcy. Unfortunately a winner has already been announced, but thanks for stopping by and commenting! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by, Darcy. Be sure to stop by my blog on Monday for another chance to win :)
ReplyDelete