Sunday, November 6, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday - #1

So, this is my first time participating in a blogging phenomenon called Six Sentence Sunday. The name pretty much explains it all - six sentence excerpts. :) I've chosen a piece of my newest release, Chasing Paradise, book two in my Alpine Woods Shifters series.


Gwen stared blankly into his eyes for a moment before pushing her plate aside, standing, and very deliberately crossing to the doorway into the living room. Had he said something wrong? At the doorway, she turned around and glanced back at him. 

"Are you coming?" she asked, a sparkle in her eyes.

"Coming where?"

In answer, Gwen deliberately untied her bathrobe and let it slide to the floor. "Where that look on your face promised to take us both."


Chasing Paradise is available at Lyrical Press, Amazon, and digital bookstores everywhere. For more information about me or my books, check out my website at www.sondraebennett.com.

See all the participating authors at: 

14 comments:

  1. Like it! I especially enjoy that he wasn't totally sure of himself. Good excerpt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun snippet!

    Congrats on jumping into SSS...it's fun and addicting!

    And Huge Congrats on your book release!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I 2nd the Huge congrats on your book release and welcome to SSS!! It's my 1st week as well and so far I'm loving every part!!

    Excellent 6, I hope you run another 6 next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to SSS! You're off to a fabulous start - wonderful six, and that last line is AMAZING! :c) (I have a robe-dropping scene in one of my books ... you know what they say about great minds thinking alike, lol.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by everyone! I'm having a blast reading everyone's six sentences! You're right Christine, it is addicting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! Welcome to six sentence sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hot stuff! Welcome to Six Sentence Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to SSS! Wonderfully mischievous last line.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE these sentences. Welcome to Six Sentence Sunday (says the veteran of, er, two weeks?)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome to SSS! Oh, I just love everything about this! A woman who knows what she wants! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome to SSS! :)

    This is a very sexy six! Well done!

    And I love your covers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. lol! Great excerpt! Welcome to Six Sentence Sunday

    ReplyDelete