But my very best friend and I have done more than kept in touch. To this day, we are still best friends, even when we live on opposite ends of the country as we do now. We get together a couple times a year, I travel to her beach house for a summer trip, or she heads to wherever I happen to be living (as I've stated in early blogs, I'm a wanderer, and up til now, I haven't stayed in one place too long). Tonight, is one of these times. My best friend since the first day of middle school is heading to San Diego to spend the week with me!
I've taken the week off work and have been planning a bunch of fun activities to do together. With our shared history, it's nice to get together, remembering the good times and the bad. Because even though we've both changed, grown, as people, our friendship has changed as well, and we are still as close as ever.
No comments:
Post a Comment