Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Wedding Bells

This past weekend was a big one for me and my family. Wednesday night saw me eastbound on a plane headed for New Orleans. I'd never been before and was excited to see the sights and meet such a landmark city in America's history. But more than that, I was excited to see my brother married to the woman he loves. 


We had a great time exploring the city, spending time with family, both mine and hers...and eating. Boy did we eat. The food was incredible, especially her mother's cooking, which we all got to experience Friday night during the rehearsal dinner. A dinner for almost 100 people that she cooked herself! Color me impressed because I can barely make do cooking for myself half the time, lol. 


During the day we explored the French Quarter, got our tarot cards and palms read outside St. Louis Cathedral, and even took a stroll down Bourbon Street where the strip clubs and bars are located. I'm sure you'll all be happy to know that I'm destined to live until I'm 89, hehe. Then on Saturday night, we boarded the Natchez Riverboat where the captain married my brother and his now wife. It was a beautiful ceremony and she made an absolutely stunning bride. 


Then we partied. And they did something really clever for the wedding reception. They had a caricature artist there for everyone's enjoyment. Here's what mine looks like: 

Here are some other pictures. I was using my phone, so I don't have too many (waiting on my aunt to pass along more): 




So all in all it was a great weekend. We danced a bit, including one very fun dance with handkerchiefs that I made my cousin join me for, drank a bit, including a beer at 11:30am which we carried down the street, and generally had a lot of fun. 


Anyone else do something special this weekend? Or have anything special planned for the coming one?



2 comments:

  1. Good food, good company, and partying; sounds like it was a great weekend. Someday I hope to visit New Orleans; but I'm not fond of spicy foods so I may have to pack a cooler, lol.

    .....dhole

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great weekend. And don't worry, if you ever visit, there was plenty of non-spicy food there. And pretty much every restaurant has the standards, salads, burgers, etc.

    ReplyDelete