Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Why Shifters?


I’ve always been fascinated by animals. The beauty and strength prevalent in every move. The power that builds almost visibly as their muscles bunch for an attack. The expressive nature of their tails and ears. When I was younger, I thought I wanted to be a veterinarian. Of course, that dream disappeared once I realized vets didn’t just play with animals all day long.

A few years ago, gosh almost five years now, I picked up my first shapeshifter romance and my life was forever altered. I’ve been an avid reader of romance for over fifteen years, but the world of paranormal romance was new to me. Imagine my surprise when my love for reading romance melded with my fascination for animals. As if a door had opened, ideas flooded into my head. Helpless to resist, I opened my computer and began writing. And I haven’t stopped. 

Those ideas led to more ideas, different characters and series, different creatures from mythology and history. And now my fingers can't keep up with my brain. 

As I'm sure many of you know if you're reading this blog post, the latest book in my Alpine Woods Shifter series came out this past Monday, and the fifth book will be coming out next December. Right now, I'm working on a story in another series before jumping back in. There are plenty of stories in my head to tell. Now, I just need to find the time to put them all on paper! 

No comments:

Post a Comment