So, I usually make it a point not to write about Young Adult
books on this blog. Not because I don’t enjoy some of them, who doesn’t love
Harry Potter?, but because of the maturity of my books. Basically, I don’t want
anyone to feel deceived as to the nature of my books, which are explicit
romances. BUT, I am so ‘madly in love’ with this series, I decided to bend my
rules this once. And since the next book in the series is coming out this week,
SOOOO EXCITED!, I figured this was the perfect time.
Another blogger made a post about My Soul to Take, the first
book in this series, and it sounded so interesting and the cover was so
compelling, I immediately put it on my TBR list. But, as with most books on my
TBR list, I didn’t get to it until months later. In this case, last month. As
soon as I read the first book I was hooked, I stayed up late, read during my
lunch breaks, and even woke up early a couple times (which for me is truly saying
something) until I’d read all of the books currently out in this series. I
loved the main characters. Ms. Vincent has a real talent with characters and
subtle nuances. I liked a character when she wanted me to like him, disliked
one when she wanted me to, and experienced all the slides of emotion right
along with Kaylee, her main character.
In short, whether you enjoy Young Adult novels or not, I’d
suggest giving My Soul to Take a try. It is a magnificently crafted book, and
the characters and interesting and diverse. I am wiggling in my seat, barely
able to contain my excitement for Before I Wake, the next book in the series,
releasing tomorrow!
Blurb:
She doesn't see dead people, but...
She senses when someone near her is about to die. And when that happens, a force beyond her control compels her to scream bloody murder. Literally.
Kaylee just wants to enjoy having caught the attention of the hottest guy in school. But a normal date is hard to come by when Nash seems to know more about her need to scream than she does. And when classmates start dropping dead for no apparent reason, only Kaylee knows who'll be next...
She senses when someone near her is about to die. And when that happens, a force beyond her control compels her to scream bloody murder. Literally.
Kaylee just wants to enjoy having caught the attention of the hottest guy in school. But a normal date is hard to come by when Nash seems to know more about her need to scream than she does. And when classmates start dropping dead for no apparent reason, only Kaylee knows who'll be next...
No comments:
Post a Comment