Thursday, July 26, 2012

Guest Author: L.K. Below


I'm so excited to have L.K. Below here talking about her newest release Beauty in His Bed. She's offering an e-copy of the book as a giveaway! Comment by Wednesday, August 1st for your chance to win!

Little Surprises  
by: L.K. Below

One of the things I'm constantly surprised at when I write is how much I fall in love with all my characters. The side characters, not just my hero and heroine. In fact, my favorite characters are often not in starring roles. Don't get me wrong, I adore my hero and heroine (otherwise, I wouldn't be writing their story!) but if I'm going to list my favorites... I love the side comic relief.

Such was the case for Never a Princess, Always a Frog. This book was my first attempt at a fun, flirty fairy-tale spun into modern day. But although Colleen is endearing, Hannah was my favorite in that book. She stood out as the daring, boisterous friend who wasn't afraid of anything. Well, except facing her ex. Although she and Rob only have one brief conversation, their obvious reluctance to be together always brings a smile to my face.

Rob isn't seen in the sequel, Beauty in His Bed, though Hannah is briefly. The heroine, Amy Somers, breaks my heart with all her hang-ups and I just had to write her a persistent, hot hero. But once again, they aren't my favorites. In this book, another side character is introduced. Although Monique's impish personality is only briefly shown, I think she deserve a little credit. After all, if it wasn't for her, Amy would never have met Seb...
 
BLURB:

Upon finding a gorgeous woman in his bed, Seb wakes her with a wicked kiss…and it just might lead to forever.

Devastated by a breakup, plus-sized Amy Somers retreats to New Orleans to visit her longtime friend. But when her friend delivers the key to her apartment and sends Amy on ahead, she doesn’t realize that the apartment belongs to someone else.

Upon coming home to find Amy asleep on his bed, Sebastien Babineaux entertains lusty thoughts. Bent on seducing her, he never expects to lose his heart -- or to work so hard to keep Amy by his side.

EXCERPT:

When she and Monique re-entered Sheer Passions, Amy pleaded, “Not to be rude, but I really am tired from my flight.” She hoped her friend wouldn’t catch her in the lie. After her tarot reading, she just wanted to be left alone for an hour or two, at least while her friend was still at work. She didn’t think she could force herself to be cheery to strangers. “Do you think I could crash at your place for a couple hours?”

“Sure thing, sugar,” Monique said. Producing a piece of paper, she scribbled down an address, an apartment number, and pulled out a keychain with two silver keys. “Make yourself right at home.”

After giving her friend a hug, Amy picked up her suitcase. “Thanks. I’ll see you later.”

With a twinkle in her brown eyes, Monique said, “Oh, not for a while, I don’t think.”

Shrugging inwardly, Amy exited the shop and waited for a cab on the curb. Once she hailed one, she recited the address on the paper and sat back, trying to stave off the wave of tears that threatened to overwhelm her. This trip was supposed to make her feel better. In fact, before she’d been reminded of Tim, she had felt better. A thousand times better. But now, she just felt…alone.

Why did Colleen have to get engaged now? 
 
Beauty in His Bed is now available from Lyrical Press, Inc. Read more or buy it HERE

Visit L.K. Below online at www.lbelow.net.

Leave a comment with your email address for your chance to win a copy of Beauty in His Bed! Winner will be announced Thursday, August 2nd! 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds great! I take it, it's a Sleeping Beauty re-telling? Would you do a Beauty and the Beast?

    just_out_da_asylum@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, SilkySunshine! Yes, it's a Sleeping Beauty retelling. I wouldn't put it past me to do a Beauty and the Beast retelling...I love that tale. :)

    Congrats, you won the book! I'm emailing you now :)

    ReplyDelete