I love writing. If I could do it twenty-four seven, I absolutely would. Usually when I'm not writing, my brain is working, thinking of potential new stories and characters. Even when I intentionally try to take a break, a character will pop into my head and demand attention.
Eventually, I want to be able to write full time. But alas, I'm not there yet. Until such a time when my dream is a reality, I need some 'bring home the bacon' money to well...bring home the bacon. And pay rent, bills and all that fun stuff.
In many ways I'm very lucky. I love my 'bacon' money job. I get to work with a group of incredibly talented people and genuinely have fun. Granted, I occasionally work myself to the bone, leaving little to no time to write/blog. But in the end I can't complain. I have two jobs I love and my philosophy remains: "I can sleep when I'm dead."
So true!! Wishing you lots of luck!! You'll get there some day!
ReplyDeleteAhhh I love sleep and won't be able to enjoy it when I'm dead:/
ReplyDeletethanks guys. I do love my sleep too Candyland and when I get a day off I love to sleep in late :) My bacon job is freelance though and it's always feast or famine (ha, just realized how well that works with bacon money) so I relish the feast when I get it (I swear the food puns aren't intentional)
ReplyDeleteI really hope to get to the point where I can be a full-time writer. For now I do enjoy my full-time 'bacon' money job, my real job allows me to access my novels and work on them when I have a few extra minutes of free time. I honestly get to work on blogging during the day and then plenty of time to write in the evening!! One happy relationship!
ReplyDelete