Monday, September 20, 2010

Madly in Love on Monday

I'm running a bit late this morning. I usually make my blog posts a few days in advance but this week has been a bit hectic. Sometimes life gets in the way of fun things like blogging and writing. Anyway, today I'm participating in a new weekly event. Head over to The Delusional Diaries for more details or to participate as well.


Madly in Love on Monday is a meme hosted by The Delusional Diaries. It shines the spotlight on that rare book gem you have found and fallen so "madly in love" with that you want to tell everyone about it so they can read it too.

The book I've chosen is one of the few books I've considered buying in both paperback and e-book: Shelly Laurenston's Beasts Behaving Badly.

blurb:
Ten years after Blayne Thorpe first encountered Bo Novikov, she still can't get the smooth talking shifter out of her head. Now he's shadowing her in New York - all seven-plus feet of him - determined to protect her from stalkers who want to use her in shifter dogfights. Even if he has to drag her off to an isolated Maine town where the only neighbors are other bears almost as crazy as he is. Let sleeping dogs lie. Bo knows it's good advice, but he can't leave Blayne be. She may insist Bo's nothing but a pain in her delectable behind, but polar bears have patience in spades. Soon she'll realize how good they can be together. And when she does, animal instinct tells him it'll be worth the wait.

Shelly Laurenston has quickly made it onto my auto-buy list for reasons that are hard for me to explain. Typically, my favorite characters are those who behave like people I meet in everyday life and most of Ms. Laurenston's are...well crazy. But in such a lovable way, you can't help but feel for them. Their quirks are the very things that made me love them and care about what happens to them. "Beasts Behaving Badly" is the latest in the series and although you can read it as a standalone, I would recommend starting from the beginning, "The Beast in Him". If you like shifter romances, I highly recommend checking out this series. It's very different than other shifter romances but the unique perspective is one not to be missed.

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow! This one sounds great!! Boy is he TALL! haha Thanks for the recommend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by LMW. It was a great book and one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE shifter romance. I don't think I've read a bear story but just remembered Dev Peltier in No Mercy by Sherrliyn Kenyon is a bear. I'm seriously going to check this author out and look into getting this book. Thanks so much for sharing :)

    Come by and read my Madly In Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. BookishSnob- Shelly Laurenston was my first bear shifter romance and I've come to adore them. The book before "Beasts Behaving Badly" is "The Mane Squeeze" and the hero is a grizzly bear. It's also fantastic. I hope you enjoy the books as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sondrae, Nice to see you here. The Delusional Dairies sounds like my kinda place. I'm heading over there now...

    ReplyDelete