I've been reading a lot of author interviews lately. I feel it's important to (A) support my fellow authors and bloggers and (B) stay tuned in to the writing world and keep appraised of new releases, etc. I'm also keeping a list of all interesting questions I come across to improve my own interviews. Every now and then in my reading I'll come upon a question that really gets me thinking. I happened upon such a question on Natasha Bennett's blog. During an interview she asked the author, "What was your favorite scene to write?". It got me wondering how I would answer that question. Yes, I love everything I write as it all comes from me and is all apart of shaping the story. But when thinking back to writing Arctic Winds, a few scenes jump out at me. One of the first that comes to mind, and possibly my favorite, is the first kiss shared between Samantha and Jason.
There's something about a first kiss, the first time emotions bubble over until it can only be expressed with the meeting of lips and tongue. The nervous butterflies that can't be contained until the heroine is in the arms of the hero for the first time. It can be funny, sweet, or sizzling. Whatever shape it takes, it's truly magical.
Now, it's possibly I just have the first kiss scenes in my head as it's where I currently am in writing my next novel. My mind always gets wrapped around whatever I'm currently working on. However, even beyond that I think there's something special about a first kiss. And if you think about it, Can you remember your very first kiss? Your first kiss with a serious boyfriend? Or maybe your first kiss with your husband? Everyone remembers their first kiss because theres magic in it. Magic that imprints the memory in your conscience forever. So as your kissing your loved ones tonight or when next you see them, think about the first time and let the magic take you away.
No comments:
Post a Comment