Monday, December 13, 2010

Madly in Love Monday 12/13

Happy Monday everyone! As you've all probably noticed, my blogging has fallen a bit to the wayside the past couple weeks. It should pick up after the holidays. I'm just having a hard time keeping up with everything at the moment. I will have a fantastic Christmas cookie post coming on Wednesday with my absolute favorite cookie recipe (Hungarian Coffee Crescents). They're amazing so be sure you come and check it out.

But, today is Monday and that means it's time for another "Madly in Love Monday". Each Monday, I pick one book from my keep shelf that I am so Madly in Love with I just have to share it with you all so you can read it as well. Today's pick is by the author that started me on my love of romance, Nora Roberts.

When trying to pick a Nora Roberts books to feature, a few different ones immediately popped into my head. I loved her "Irish Hearts" anthology and I'm a big fan of the Stanislaski series. I absolutely fell in love with the book "The Reef". But the one that I decided to pick today is the first book in her Three Sister Island Trilogy, "Dance Upon the Air".

Just like it's story, this book is just enchanting. Nell is the heroine we all hope to write someday, with the perfect balance of vulnerability, charm, and quirkiness. The paranormal flows perfectly and most importantly believably throughout the story without overwhelming the romance or being overwhelmed. If you are a fan of Nora Roberts and have not read this series, I recommend trying it out.

On a side note, I just this morning decided to pick up with Fever series again in anticipation of the fifth book coming out in January. See my post on Darkfever HERE. You'll also get a little background into the origins of Madly in Love Monday.

Now it's your turn. What's your Madly in Love Monday pick?

5 comments:

  1. Okay I will pick the Society Wife by India Grey I read it today and in 2 hrs or less, It was signed to Joanna with love from India xoxo.
    I love her
    How are you doing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm. I haven't read her before. I'm always on the hunt for new authors. Thanks for the rec!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only read 2 of Nora's books, but now I have another one to add to my list! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks good, but I must say that little book on your right side bar, "Arctic Winds" about a wolf and his mate looks outright delectable!

    Can't wait for the release! Post a BIG reminder/announcement post that day so I can run over and purchase it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Farmer's Wife! They'll definitely be a big post about it on release day (and probably for a few days afterward)!

    ReplyDelete