Monday, January 3, 2011

Madly in Love in the New Year

Happy New Year Everyone! Later this week I'm going to have my New Year, new goals, post since today is Monday and it's time for another Madly in Love on Monday post. Today's post is going to be a bit shorter than normal. I picked up a cold somewhere and haven't been feeling great the past couple days so I'm taking it a bit easy. Anyway, onto today's pick. Today I have chosen a book that, I admit, I didn't care for the first time I read it. But something about it stuck with me, because despite knowing it wasn't my favorite, I found myself seeking out a used copy a few years ago and rereading it...and of course loving it. Without further ado, today's pick is:

 "Warrior's Woman" by Johanna Lindsey. I started reading Johanna Lindsey when I was in high school and ate up everything she wrote. At the time, I was primarily reading historicals, which might explain why this book, which breaks from her norm and takes place in the future, never made it on my favorite list back then. But something about it stuck with me throughout the years. I kept getting glimpses of some of the scenes and the urge to reread the book took shape. So I went online and had a used copy sent to me. I couldn't put it down. The relationship between Tedra (the heroine) and Challen (the hero) is rife with tension and fighting, but Ms. Lindsey manages to do what many fail to achieve and the progression of love between the pair shines through. I understand exactly why Challen falls for Tedra and vice versa. So if you're looking for a space adventure with a throw back to historical womanizing warriors (in the best ways) then give this book a try.

What's your Madly in Love pick this Monday?

3 comments:

  1. I've never read this particular book by Johanna Lindsey. I'll have to be sure to look around for a copy.

    Lately, I've been on a Kathleen Woodiwiss kick. I just finished reading Ashes in the Wind for the millionth time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I still have this book somewhere. It was one of my first forays into what would become SFR. Lindsey packs plenty of heat but the SF was pretty weak which kind of made it less enjoyable for me.

    But I love her heroes. She does them very, very well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun book. Space adventure with historical womanizing warriors? Wacky. Right now I am FINALLY reading "On Writing" by Stephen King and it is really awesome. Can't believe I haven't read it until now.

    ReplyDelete