Monday, January 10, 2011

Madly in Love Monday 1/10

Today is a special Monday. We are exactly one week away from the release of my novella, Arctic Winds. So, because we are so close to the release, this week (and next) is going to be full of fun stuff about the books. This Wednesday there will be a meet the characters where you'll get a look at Samantha and Jason, the heroine and Hero from the book, and on Friday I'm going to post a titillating excerpt. So be sure to stop by and join in on the fun!

But because it's Monday and because I really do love this feature, I'm putting up my last regular post (not about the novella) until after the release. Last week, Casey chose Ashes in the Wind, one of Kathleen E. Woodiwiss's books, as her weekly favorite. I almost laughed out loud since one of her books was next on my list for my Madly in Love feature. I thought about skipping it and coming back but decided to use it anyway.

I remember how enthralled I was the first time I picked up one of her books, and how I ran out as soon as I had finished to pick up another. She was on my auto-buy list for a long time but I'll admit I haven't read many of her latest novels as my interest drifted away from historicals for awhile. Without further ado I give you my Madly in Love Monday pick this week:

Petals on the River by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss was the first book of hers I'd ever read and remains one of my favorites, although I'd have a hard time narrowing it down to just one book of hers. In this novel, Shemaine is falsely arrested and sent to prison and eventually sold as an indentured servant across the ocean in America. This is a woman born to privilege but by a tragic twist of fate forced away from her intended fiancee and sold into slavery. But lucky her, she ends up in the home of Gage, a widower looking for someone to take care of his little boy. This story is a heartwarming tale about love and finding inner strength through each other.

Now it's your turn, What's your Madly in Love pick this week? And be sure to stop by Wednesday and Friday for fun posts about Arctic Winds!

6 comments:

  1. The flame and the flower by Kathleen e Woodiwiss it was the 1st romance I ever read and I knew what I wanted to write after that - she made me find my niche

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Flame and the Flower is another one of my favorites! I also love The Wolf and the Dove. Kathleen E. Woodiwiss really is an amazing writer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have my orignal copies of The Flame and the Flower, Shanna, and Ashes in the Wind. I made the mistake of lending Wolf and the Dove to someone and never got it back. Bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a couple of the original copies but lost Ashes in the Wind a few years ago and I don't think I have Shanna anymore either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sondrae! What a very special week! I'll have to stop by again for sure!! Woohoo for Arctic Winds coming out next week!!

    Umm for me my Madly in Love pick would have to be This Heart of Mine by Susan Elizabeth Phillips. I adore SEP! Can't get enough of her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the coming release...I wish you many sales..

    ReplyDelete