Thursday, January 27, 2011

Simply Hot Blogfest!

I found this blogfest from one of the participants blogs and decided I needed to put up my own post. This blogfest, hosted by the Erica and Christy is part of their Hottness Thursdays. Basically, the idea is to put up your favorite coffee mug. The one mug you go to every time you drink coffee. You can find more details or sign up to participate HERE.

 I'm an avid coffee drinker so I have every type of coffee cup you can imagine (including a Disney cup I've had since I was a little girl and is starting to fade around the edges).  My whole family is coffee drinkers. So much so, in fact, that its become custom to make each other coffee mugs as gifts.

My latest favorite is a mug that my parents sent me (completely in surprise) for the release of my book. They took the cover and made it into a mug. I've been drinking out of it almost every morning the past couple weeks.


But I also wanted to mention my other favorite. My dad gave it to me a few years ago for Christmas. On one side he put a picture of me with my dog Scout and on the other he put a picture of a climbing trip the two of us went on. I don't climb anymore and haven't for almost four years but it's a nice reminder of the trip we took together, just the two of us.  On one side he printed the words "Life is Good Today".


 

So those are my two favorite mugs. Do you have a favorite coffee mug? What does it look like?

18 comments:

  1. Great mugs.

    I love pictured ones. I have an HP mug with Snape, McGonagall. and THE original Dumbledore on it...

    Hop on over to see it. If you're an HP fan you'll love it.


    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these!!!!! Especially the one with your BOOK ON IT!!! How exciting!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is a crazy set of muggings... i love the stories.
    Jeremy
    [iZombie]

    ReplyDelete
  4. That mug with your cover on it - your parents are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Impressive mug! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your parents are so thoughtful! Loved them all and the stories behind them!

    My Mug

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY!!! thanks for participating! i'm sooooo getting a mug with my novel cover on it if, i mean when, i get published! congrats to you! thanks for sharing the mugs and the stories!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Coffee mugs can be so sentimental can't they? I love your choices especially the one your dad gave you.

    i'm late due to time zone mix-up but if you have a moment check my mugs out at:

    Simply Hot Blogfest

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh, your parents are clearly AWESOME! Those are both great and such wonderful mementos, I'm sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are great! If I had a mug with my book on it, I don't think I'd ever put it down.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great mugs! The ones with memories are awesome! Thanks for dropping by.. oh and you should check out the Ann Taintor stuff. She has a whole bunch of products and they are ALL hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both of these are awesome! They carry such meaningful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awe I love all your personalized mugs!! SO NEAT!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What fantastic personalised mugs! The book cover one is such a thoughtful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love you climbing mug. It's kind of how you got to the other one, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the one with your book cover! What a great idea for a gift - you have awesome parents!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww, what a sweet picture of you and your puppy. Parents do the nicest things for us, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aww, those mugs are so sweet! What great parents you have.

    ReplyDelete