It's back! Madly in Love Monday, where I share some books and authors that I am "madly in love" with. I'm so excited for today's pick, Christina Lauren.
Christina Lauren is not one, but two authors who collaborate to create some phenomenal romance stories. My first introduction to them was at Comic Con this year when they participated in The Smitten Word panel. I was desperate to go to the panel as Kresley Cole, one of my all time favorite authors, was participating as well. And as expected of a panel with four different romance authors, it was full of smutty humor, lots of laughs, and thoughtful insight. Naturally, afterward, I was struck with a deep desire to pick up new books, particularly from the three authors that I had not read before. And oh boy am I glad I did because I discovered new favorites.
I received Christina Lauren's book, Beautiful Bastard, for free during one of their signing sessions. That night, despite an early morning start the next day, I stayed up until 2am reading their book. I could not put it down. This prompted me to go to their next signing and pick up a book to give away to all of you and to share the amazing story these two created. Well, instead of Beautiful Bastard, I picked up the first book in a different series of theirs, Sweet Filthy Boy, which I proceeded to also download on my kindle.
As good as Beautiful Bastard was, and it was good, Sweet Filthy Boy was even better. The characters were rich, three dimensional, and genuine. Despite being put in a crazy situation, the characters made the book feel realistic. They are the kind of characters the reader wants to cheer for.
After reading these two books, I immediately downloaded the second book in the Beautiful series, the second in the other being released this week. Once I finish reading their backlist, I am certain that Christina Lauren will be an autobuy author for me.
Giveaway Details
So, if you'd like a copy of Sweet Filthy Boy autographed by the authors, leave a comment below. Your comment can be anything, tell me how much you loved the books, if you've already read them, or share a different book that you are "madly in love" with. The contest will end next Sunday at 12:00pm, so be sure to leave a comment before then. The winner will be announced on the blog next Monday, at which time I will contact them for their mailing address.
Please help spread the word about the contest. Also, check back next Monday for yet another giveaway of a signed book, Wallbanger by Alice Clayton.


No comments:
Post a Comment