Wednesday, November 5, 2014

What's Up Wednesday - Bring Me To Life

Since last week's What's Up Wednesday featured the latest installment in the Alpine Woods Shifters series, Brink of Passion, I wanted to take this week's post and discuss my work in progress, Bring Me To Life.

Bring Me To Life is a project I have been working on again off again for the past two and a half years, but I think I am finally ready to complete it. Unlike my other books, BMTL will be lighter on the paranormal aspects (although they will still be present) and also a softer romance than some of my others. Neither of the main characters will be paranormal, but will find themselves linked through a witches curse. Or more accurately, they were already linked, but will find themselves brought together through a witches curse.

I don't want to give away too much of the book at this point as it's still midstream. At the moment, I have about a fourth of the story written. And although I am not participating in NANOWRIMO (cheers to everyone who is participating), I'm hoping some of the writing energy and vibes comes my way. 

For now, here is a short *unedited* snippet from the beginning of the book.


She gazed down, giving him her profile, appearing almost shy, but the mysterious curl of her unadorned pink lips spoke of secrets and hidden sensuality. Somehow, he knew if he could only see her eyes, they would be playful and seductive. Was she thinking her lover? Perhaps an innocent flirtation?
            The woman drew him to the painting, as if he could reach out and caress her golden skin, or run his hands through her waterfall of hair. She was as real to him as any woman he’d ever taken to bed, even if she only existed in his mind.

What do you think? Also, if you are a NANOWRIMO participant, how's your WIP coming?

Be sure to check out Monday's post HERE for a chance to win an autographed copy of Sweet Filthy Boy by Christina Lauren.

No comments:

Post a Comment