As many of you who have read this blog, or follow me on twitter/facebook, know, I am a HUGE Shelly Laurenston fan. Her book are always filled with unique (sometimes downright crazy) characters, and infused with enough humor to have me cackling like a mad woman. Bite Me did not disappoint. We first met Livvy in Wolf With Benefits and she was...crazy...in a fun loving way. Bite Me paired her with Vic, a half Siberian tiger half bear shifter. If you're a fan of shifter novels, this one is a can't miss.5 out of 5 stars.
Drawn, His Secret Toy by Marian Tee - I picked up this book on a whim, but completely fell in love. I've read a few other books by Marian Tee before and although I enjoyed them, they didn't inspire me to go out and buy more of hers. THIS BOOK did. Although it takes place in a high school setting, the relationship between the two characters felt very mature. They dealt with real issues and the two characters fit each other well. 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Edge of the Enforcer by Cherise Sinclair - I love Cherise Sinclair. Really, that pretty much covers it. She has such a way with words, and especially with creating the perfect dominant males. They are strong, stubborn, and edgy. Sometimes you just want to hit them, but always you just need to love them. Another strong title in her Doms of Dark Haven series. *on a side note, I'd like to applaud her for starting every book with a disclaimer about being safe, sane, and consensual. It shows a care for her readers that makes me like her even more. 5 out of 5 stars.
In Bed with a Highlander by Maya Banks - When I pick up a Maya Banks book, I know I'm going to get a good story with strong characters, hot love scenes, and an interesting plot. In Bed with a Highlander went above and beyond my expectations. I've been sitting on this book/series for awhile and wish I'd read it sooner. Highly recommended. 5 out of 5 stars.
Night Broken by Patricia Briggs - The Mercy Thompson novels are favorites among my favorites. When I waiting at the car wash, or just want a good story, these are the books I pick up to reread. There really is not enough good things to say about them. Night Broken, the latest installment in the series, is perhaps one of my favorites. Just when you think Mercy has handled, and beaten it all, along comes something else to wreak havoc on her world and her pack. I cannot recommend this series highly enough (although I recommend starting with the first in the series, Moon Called). 5 out of 5 stars (If I could give six, I would for this one).
Sweet Filthy Boy by Christina Lauren - Instead of a review on this book, HERE is a link to my Madly in Love Monday post and giveaway of a signed copy of this book. Head over there to check it out. Giveaway ends on Sunday at noon.
Wallbanger by Alice Clayton and The Professional by Kresley Cole. Like the last book, I'm including these two to let all of you know about the giveaways I have planned for the upcoming weeks. Next week, beginning on Monday, I will be giving away a signed copy of Wallbanger, and the following week, a signed copy of the Professional. Check back then for a chance to win.
Your turn - what were your favorite recent reads?







Lots of good looking reads there. I will most definintely have to check out Bite Me. Sounds great.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your thoughts.
Have a great weekend.
Sharon @ Sharon's Book Nook!
Thanks Sharon! I cannot recommend Shelly Laurenston highly enough, but I would start with The Beast in Him. It's the second book in her Pride series, but it's one of my favorites and you don't need to read number one first.
Delete