Happy Monday Everyone! Hope you all had fantastic weekends. This weekend I finished the book "Captive Spirit" by Liz Fichera. It was very different than my normal read but utterly captivating. The imagery made everything very real. Just last night I picked up "Second Chances" by Lauren Dane. Ms. Dane is often hit and miss with me but so far this book looks promising. I'll let you know what I think once I'm done. In the meantime, it's time for another Madly in Love Monday. Every Monday I choose a book from my keeper shelf I fell so "Madly in Love" with that I just had to share it with all of you. There were a couple books I was debating this morning but I find my mood often affects my selection. I was in the mood for a historical this week so I went with one of my favorites.
Laura Lee Guhrke's "Guilty Pleasures". This book is the classic make-over read but with some new twists. I was captivated every moment of this story and found myself utterly charmed by both the intelligent and awkward Daphne Wade and the dashing Anthony Courtland.blurb:
One of Daphne Wade's guilty pleasures is to watch the Duke of Tremore as he works, shirtless, on the excavation site of his ducal estate. Anthony Courtland is by far the most exciting and handsome man she has ever known, and she dreams of one day being able to speak with him without getting tongue tied.
Anthony, meanwhile, only sees Daphne as a hard worker on his excavation team. He considers her a plain young lady and says so in a careless remark to a friend, unaware that Daphne is outside the library door, her heart shattering to pieces. So Daphne decides she will not be so silly any longer. She begins to be tutored in the social graces, forcing Anthony to see the beauty who has been right in front of his eyes.
If you're in the mood for a historical romance or even just a great make-over story, "Guilty Pleasures" is the book for you.
What's your "Madly in Love" Monday pick?
I'm glad u liked Liz's book she is awesome isn't she? I just finished Mistletoe and the lost stilleto by Liz Fielding I loved it.
ReplyDeleteAw, Sondrae! Thanks so much for the kind words! I'm thrilled that you enjoyed my book! xo
ReplyDeleteThanks for coming by Liz! I really did enjoy Captive Spirit quite a bit. Your voice fit the story perfectly and I couldn't help but cheer on Honovi and Aiyana.
ReplyDelete