Monday, November 8, 2010

Madly in Love Mondays - Nov. 8th

Well, it's the start of another week. Usually, I'm tired on Mondays, but I find myself with a surplus of energy today. I spent the majority of my weekend visiting family, and I always find myself anxious to get back into my routine after being away (even for so short a time). So Happy Monday Everyone!

As many of you may know, every Monday I look through my keeper shelf (or my kindle archives) and pick out one book I've fallen so "Madly in Love" with that I wanted to share.

Today, I've chosen something I actually downloaded as a free kindle book from Amazon. Since purchasing the book (and I use that term lightly), I've revisited it over and over and looked at other books from the same author. I wish I could say it was still free but unfortunately it's gone back up to it's list price (although definitely still a great buy). The book I've chosen is:

'Compromising Positions' by Jenna Bayley-Burke. Not only is the premise of this book fun, the characters are easy to like. The heroine is confident without being snooty with just the right dash of quirkiness and uniqueness that make her stand out. If you're looking for something fun and light, this is the right book for you!

blurb:
Falling in love is the last thing on his busy agenda…but compromising positions can lead just about anywhere.

David Strong knows how to do a lot of things—run an international fitness company, finesse stock portfolios and stay out of emotional entanglements. That is, until he gets tangled up with Sophie Delfino and her Sensational Sex workout. He’s supposed to help her demonstrate Kama Sutra positions for her couples’ yoga class. The rigorous postures require more than just physical control. And his co-instructor unexpectedly tests his control to the limit.
Sophie’s been fantasizing about David since her teens, but she never dreamed she’d actually be expected to run through her intimate desires—with an audience! The class is very professional, tame even—or it would be, if she’d been in any of the positions before. But she hasn’t—except in her wildest fantasies about David. Sophie knows she wants David in every way, and she’s flexible enough to use whatever she has to get him.

David can’t afford any unexpected distractions. Besides the sensual positions he has to endure without embarrassing himself in public, there’s an embezzler stealing from his company. And then there’s Sophie—who is well on her way to stealing his well-guarded heart.

What's your "Madly in Love Mondays" pick?

10 comments:

  1. I got Compromising Positions as a Kindle freebie too and really enjoyed it.

    Another book I got as a Kindle freebie a while back was Cry Sanctuary by Moira Rogers, the first book in the Red Rock Pass series. I loved it so much I bought the rest of the series and now I'm a huge fan. So far everything I've read by them I've loved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read a few books by Moira Rogers and enjoyed them all, although I don't think any have made it to my keeper shelf (yet). I love when I find a great kindle freebie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I know we're not supposed to have favorites, but David makes this my favorite story of mine :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenna- wow, thank you for coming by! It's a fantastic book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Geez Sondrae - now I have to add that one to my TBR pile... :) It sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha Debbie. I would appologize but I'm not the least bit sorry. They're all quality books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is going on my tbr pile too, i love the cover and if you liked it, I should too right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope so! That's the whole point of Madly in Love Mondays!

    P.S. I'm with you. I absolutely adore the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw this read on another blog and now I will have to go back to double check that I didn't purchase as an impulse buy (I keep several on the Kindle for those -- what to read NOW moments -- love the Kindle) and if I haven't gotten it I definitely WILL NOW!!!

    ReplyDelete