Friday, March 11, 2011

Help! My TBR pile is about to explode!

I've seen a lot of posts lately about how large people's TBR (to be read) piles are. I'm no exception. Last night, I went on to Goodreads and added all the samples I had downloaded to my Kindle (over twenty) onto my To Read list. In some ways it was a relief. No longer do I have to scroll through pages and pages of samples to get to the end of my list. But when I was finished, I realized I had over fifty books on my To Read list. Fifty-three to be exact. And most of the series books, I only listed the first one or the next one I have to read instead of the whole series. Of these 53 books, I have already purchased thirteen. That's a lot of books!

I consider myself an avid reader. I usually read one to two books a week. Probably about five or six a month. I know to some of you that's nothing, but for me it seems like a lot! At that rate, it would take me two to three months just to get through the books I own! In reality, new books are coming out all the time that I add to the list. I also only have one or two of the free books out of about fifteen I download off of Amazon on the list. Free kindle books is one of my addictions. Almost as bad as my coffee addiction, although not quite.

To be honest, I'm feeling a bit out of control. Whenever I log onto Goodreads-- which by the way is one of my favorite new sites! If you're on, you should friend me and if you aren't, you should join-- I find even more books to add to the list. But while I'm panicking over the length of my TBR pile, a part of me is secretly pleased. I have at least fifty-three awesome books to read.

Here are some of the books at the top of my list:




1. No Rest for the Wicked by Kresley Cole *This is actually my current read but I thought I'd keep it on as the series is all going on the list and I've purchased the next four books.







2. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. This book was on my Christmas list and Santa brought it for me but I haven't read it yet. Very excited for this one!






3. As You Wish by Nichelle Gregory. Nichelle is an awesome blogger and fellow romance author and she has a new book out. I loved her book 'Lovin' Leela' and can't wait to read this one.





4. Nightshade by Andrea Cremer. I've been looking forward to reading this book for awhile and somehow something always comes up before I start it.






5. Storm Born by Richelle Mead. This is a book that I found from a Goodreads recommendation and it immediately jumped to the top of my list. The story seems unique and interesting and I just cannot wait to read it!




Those are my top 5 TBR books. What do you have on your TBR pile?

7 comments:

  1. I've read Nightshade and Storm Born - both are really good!

    My TBR pile is so big I need to take a year off everything else and just read. The book I'm most eager to read is The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss, but first I'm rereading the first book in that series, The Name of the Wind. I've also got some new Kindle freebies that look promising.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love kindle freebies but I'm so overloaded by them right now. I've forced myself to only download something if I REALLY want it and would buy it if it cost money. Somedays I'm better at sticking to that than others :) I'll have to look into The Name of the Wind and Wise Man's Fear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have kindle books and books I'm currently reading and books on my night stand. I have a few that are sequels that I purchased but haven't started yet.

    And, I'm usually reading about three books at once. Typically a YA book, often a 'review' book from a publicist (which means free book to me and often a free one for a blog giveaway), and I always have one smutty read. :-)

    Going to find you on Goodreads! I too have found tons of good books there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My list is probably as long as yours:)

    I haven't logged onto goodreads. I have enough problems with other forums, and keeping up with my blog. But I hear good things about the environment.

    ......dhole

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna- I know what you mean. Somedays I wonder if I'm on too many. But I like them all so I push my worry aside. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hunger Games was fabulous! I loved the first two books, the first more than the 2nd and was "okay" with the third BUT highly recommend the entire series! Found you via Stephanie Haefner's blog ... going to go check your book out pronto!

    ReplyDelete