Basically (for any new followers), Madly in Love is a post I do every Monday where I share a book I'm so Madly in Love with that I want to shout it from the rooftops. I feature all sorts of books, mostly romances of every genre but occasionally throw in something different.
Today, I tried to narrow it down to one book by the author I picked and quite honestly, couldn't do it. So, I picked three. All written by Lisa Kleypas. The first book I've chosen is Worth Any Price by Lisa Kleypas. Years ago, this cover caught my eye while I was browsing through the romance section and immediately caught my attention. I'd never heard of Lisa Kleypas before but I bought the book and started it right away. And I fell in love. Not just with her characters, who were just perfectly written and developed. Not just with her story, which was great. But with the writing itself. I ate up everything in her backlist (not literaly of course) and since then have fallen in love with her characters over and over again.
Which leads me to my second and third books I've chosen today. Lisa Kleypas has two very popular series that are really just phenomenal reads. The Wallflowers series and The Hathaways. I couldn't talk about Ms. Kleypas and not mention these two as they are both still one of my favorite series. The first book in the Wallflowers series and one I've re-read many many times is Secrets of a Summers Night and the first book in the Hathaway series is Mine Till Midnight. So if you're looking for a fantastic historical romance, check out Lisa Kleypas. As a last note, I adore her covers.
What book are you Madly in Love with?


Haven't read this author yet, but keep hearing about her. Will have to add her to my tbr pile!
ReplyDeleteIf you enjoy reading historicals, she'd definitely someone you should check out. I'll admit, I went through a huge regency phase when I started reading her and never got around to her westerns but I've heard great things about them.
ReplyDeleteHope you enjoy, Lisa!
Oh, I love Lisa Kleypas! Have only read her Wallflowers series, but I loved every single book.
ReplyDeleteBex- The Hathaway series is actually a spinoff of the Wallflowers. The hero in the first one is Cam. Some of the wallflowers pop up at times as well. Just wanted to let you know in case you wanted to check it out.
ReplyDeleteI actually already have it on my to-read list, so I'm definitely going to try it out! I've heard great things about it.
ReplyDeleteOoo, well whenever you get to it (and if you're TBR pile is as massive as mine, I know that doesn't mean soon) I'd love to get your impression of it. For me there were books in the series I actually liked more than the Wallflowers and ones I didn't like quite as much. I just love Lisa Kleypas though. She's got such an amazing talent for creating stories
ReplyDeleteYeah, mine is pretty massive as well. It's at the top of the pile though, so hopefully I'll get to it soon! I'll be back with my impressions then. :) And books even better than the Wallflowers' seems promising. I'm sure I'll like it; don't think she can disappoint me.
ReplyDelete